The Best of Crowley

“Slash Fiction” was a very big episode for Mark Sheppard. Crowley didn’t do much, but it did mark the actor’s 13th appearance on Supernatural. That’s big because he passed Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Genevieve Padalecki, who’ve both appeared in 12 episodes of the show, and now Sheppard is the fifth most frequently appearing star on all of Supernatural, behind Jensen, Jared, Misha and Jim Beaver. That’s pretty crazy when you think about it since he didn’t show up until the middle of season 5.

In honor of the accomplishment, here’s a look back at the awesomeness that is Crowley, King of Hell.

News posted on November 2, 2011 Comments (11)

1. Not casting any dispersions on what you know but I don’t think either JDM or Genevieve Cortese appeared on 12 episodes and if they did can you name them??

Comment by Annie — November 2, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

2. I got curious about JDM, too. According to IMDB, JDM was in the Pilot, Phantom Traveler(voice only), Home, Scarecrow, Shadow, Something Wicked, Dead Man’s Blood, Salvation, Devil’s Trap, In My Time of Dying, All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2, and Long Distance Caller(voice only). So Technically 10 and 2 voice overs.

Comment by kate — November 2, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

3. Genevieve was in Lazarus Rising, Are You There, God? It’s Me… Dean Winchester, In the Beginning, Metamorphosis, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Heaven and Hell, Criss Angel Is a Douche Bag, Sex and Violence, On the Head of a Pin, When the Levee Breaks, Lucifer Rising, and The French Mistake.

Comment by kate — November 2, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

4. Love the actor, hate the character. Has been on the show way too many times!! Hope he is gone once and for all by the end of the season.

Comment by SL — November 2, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

5. I may be totally wrong but I don’t believe that Genevieve was in Sex and Violence (her voice was and they seem to be counting that!)

Comment by Annie — November 3, 2011 @ 1:23 am

6. Congrats to Mark Sheppard. And he genuinely, personally loves the show and the writing. He appeared at a con here in Toronto (not the Supernatural one) and was marvellous. And Crowley, well, Crowley is amazing. So very suitable as the King of Hell.
    Though it is hard for me to think of Misha Collins and Jim Beaver as other than series regulars – next to them Mark Sheppard is the guest I love best. Followed by Julian Richings and Richard Speight. I think Jeffey Dean Morgan is great but I was consistently annoyed by the overall makeup of the character of John Winchester. Sigh, but maybe that was the point. Oh well. Ruby was a great story of evil manipulation and well used, and I liked how Genevieve embodied her, but she definitely needed a beginning and an end.

Comment by Jo — November 3, 2011 @ 3:22 am

7. i love mark sheppard – and crowley too. the character really does seem to roll with the punches.

favorite crowley line in a long time
    “What do you think he’s going to do when he finds out we’ve been conspiring? You do want to conspire don’t you?”

Comment by medea34 — November 3, 2011 @ 5:28 am

8. I agree, medea. Great line, too! Mark Sheppard is an absolutely brilliant actor. His Crowley isn’t the baddest villain SN’s ever had (he’s too funny for that), but IMO he’s certainly the best.

Comment by Taz — November 3, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

9. Thank you for any other excellent post. The place else may just anyone get that type of info in such a perfect means of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

Comment by Treesje Purse — December 6, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

10. Blogs ou should be reading…

Comment by грузоперевозки Алтайский край — January 4, 2012 @ 11:35 pm

11. Hi, its pleasant piece of writing regarding media print, we all understand media is a enormous source of information.

Comment by Website — October 29, 2012 @ 11:52 pm