Watch a ‘Mad’ Cartoon Parody of ‘SPN’

File this under “W,” for WEIRD. Mad, an animated sketch show based on the popular magazine that airs Mondays at 8:30pm on Cartoon Network, is doing a Supernatural parody.  The voices are pretty awful, and there’s something severely wrong with the musculature of Dean, but it’s clear the people who made this have seen SPN as some of it is spot-on (Dean’s food choices and the fact that they always pose as ridiculous federal agents).

News posted on December 1, 2011 Comments (28)

1. Not funny. Not my sense of humor at least.
    I’ve seen some Supernatural cartoons on DeviantArt that are actually funny, but this is just stupid.

Comment by Alexx — December 1, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

2. 100% agree with Alexx, not funny

Comment by K-Love — December 1, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

3. never heard of this show- and I am glad I haven’t. STUPID is a pretty light word for this crap. I’ll pass.

Comment by SL — December 1, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

4. I was laughing when I read about the episode, then I watched it… not laughing anymore. What a disappointment :/

Comment by QWERTY — December 1, 2011 @ 1:49 pm

5. They could have done better with the *mood* of the thing, even if it was a spoof. Sam and Dean weren’t acting like themselves.

Comment by G-Dawg — December 1, 2011 @ 2:11 pm

6. Lol, It looks like Sam and Dean are having it out with mama monster.

Comment by OZZIE — December 1, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

7. You know what – I’m so tired from work, when I watched this I thought it was so stupid I actually laughed – forgive me.

Comment by DeanSam1 — December 1, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

8. Nope not liking

Comment by Kimberly — December 1, 2011 @ 9:13 pm

9. Worst piece of crap ive ever seen. I love that supernatural is funnier than its parody.

Comment by Dylan13 — December 2, 2011 @ 12:37 am

10. Um, was there a need to start mocking Supernatural? WTF?! That show is going 7 years strong. Leave them alone. Go mock Teen Mom or something like that. Because that is pure crap

Comment by stephanie — December 2, 2011 @ 7:24 am

11. I didn’t mind it at all. At least the characters were better in resemblance to Jared and Jensen than the animae ones. If they had gotten the voices closer, Sam more EMO and Dean more gruff, it would have been funnier. But at least it showed that another genre is paying attention to the show (LOL)

One of my dreams has been that Jared and Jensen go on Saturday night live and spoof their show. Ah, well not SNL but at least this was something!

Comment by meggin lane — December 2, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

12. They always say things like this are forms of flattery. I think it’s great that another show is showing off Supernatural. This could potentially turn people onto the show who haven’t heard of it before.

Comment by Jordy — December 2, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

13. I never thought anyone could top Bella from Season 3 as annoying…I was wrong.

Comment by Daniel — December 3, 2011 @ 7:36 am

14. You guys have to understand, this is a PG-7 rated show that cant’t put actual good humor in it.

Comment by Dominick — December 3, 2011 @ 10:19 am

15. Meggin Lane – second that SNL idea! It would be fabulous!

Comment by DeanSam1 — December 3, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

16. You guys don’t know what your talking about! That was funny as hell! MAD is awesome! So what if the voices or the bodies don’t match. It’s a PARODY DUMBASSES! It’s just meant to be funny for the sake of being funny. Bravo MAD! Hilarious! =D

Comment by Def Leppard :) — December 5, 2011 @ 2:56 pm

17. I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Either these people love the show so much that they are making parodies of it or they hate it so much they are just trying to make a mockery of it. It was kind of funny, but I can’t say I loved what they did with our beloved Sam and Dean. Maybe if they had gotten the characters a bit better, I would have found it funnier.

Comment by Allen92909 — December 5, 2011 @ 11:05 pm

18. I’ve commented in the past on this show, but for those of you who have not heard of it, it’s a 15 minute *KIDS* cartoon on Cartoon Network, they’ve done about three other shorts ref. SPN, and it’s supposed to be stupid, my 10 year old thinks it’s the best thing since the computer was invented, so lighten up. By the way, I agree @Def Leppard (AWESOME choice of logo BTW) MAD is funny when they nail the spirit of a show, which they usually do. >,<

Comment by cupidsbow — December 6, 2011 @ 11:15 pm

19. @cupidsbow, thanks for agreeing and liking my name. I’m the biggest Def Leppard fan there is and its nice to see somebody else like them too. Go MAD! And Rick “Sav” Savage!

Comment by Def Leppard :) — December 7, 2011 @ 12:00 pm

20. I am a college student and I want to start my own multimedia company once I graduate from college. My major is Marketing and Business Management. I want to advertise, do marketing research, promote, and book people. My company will consist of models, athletes, poets, and comedians who are on my roster of entertainment.

Comment by Sudut Pandang Hidup Uzanks — December 14, 2011 @ 8:47 am

21. thanks OP!

Comment by Webssd — February 4, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

22. i do like the way you have framed this particular problem.

Comment by hohi — May 9, 2012 @ 5:15 am

23. i do love the way you have framed this particular concern.

Comment by hohi — May 10, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

24. i do enjoy the way you have presented this specific issue.

Comment by hohi — May 11, 2012 @ 6:41 pm

25. i do love the way you have framed this specific problem.

Comment by hohi — May 12, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

26. i do enjoy the way you have framed this matter.

Comment by hohi — May 12, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

27. My Gosh i couldnt agree more. Pure and simple. GOod to find just what i need with a quick search.

Comment by chuck Sinclair — August 10, 2012 @ 4:54 am

28. I take pleasure in, lead to I discovered exactly what I
    used to be having a look for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt!
    God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye