“Out with the Old” Video

Check out a clip from this week’s episode where Dean gives his movie review of Black Swan while Sam continues to ignore his big Lucifer problem (good luck with that).

News posted on March 12, 2012 Comments (21)

1. Whoever runs this blog, please take the time to learn HTML and adjust video sizes so they won’t overlap to the edges! You people have a responsibility to your readers to present this blog not only with the quality news, but it should also be aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Code

Comment by ian — March 12, 2012 @ 9:38 am

2. Copy and Paste Code

Comment by ian — March 12, 2012 @ 9:39 am

3. Finally the video is up. I love how Sam goes to Dean to talk about his hellucinations. It’s so much better when they lean on each other for support. And Black Swan Dean really?? lol

Comment by Sara — March 12, 2012 @ 9:44 am

4. I feel as though i have been waiting for a scene like this between the brothers for soooo long…it’s beautiful, they are beautiful the scenery is beautiful..gawd..i love Supernatural….sigh.

Comment by squidgy — March 12, 2012 @ 10:40 am

5. I wouldn’t say Sam is “ignoring his big Lucifer problem.” He’s told Dean. They can’t do much for it. What’s he *supposed* to do?

Comment by G-Dawg — March 12, 2012 @ 10:45 am

6. Yeah, Sam is definitely not ignoring lucifer. I was actually pleased to see here that he is being open and honest with Dean about him. Would like to believe that honesty and openness will continue for the remainder of the season.

Comment by SL — March 12, 2012 @ 12:30 pm

7. Thanks for posting the video. I loved seeing it. As others have said, it is good to see him talking to Dean.

Comment by jace — March 12, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

8. True, squidgy. It IS beautiful. And the cold and snow lend an air of mystery to the scene. SN needs to bring back the kind of location shooting we see here and saw in the early seasons. Nothing fancy–just atmospheric. Without atmosphere, horror doesn’t work.

Comment by Taz — March 12, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

9. I love snow. I love this scene. That is all.

Comment by Johno — March 12, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

10. Beautiful scenic shot, and glad Sam is being up-front. Is this the same location shot as the one at the end of Slash Fiction, sans snow? Anyway, it’ll be nice to have the boys back.

If anyone hears any baby news, please post.

Comment by Sheri — March 12, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

11. I can’t believe the forum runners pushed this excellent clip of the boys down to show pictures of SN’s most insufferable bore.

Comment by Taz — March 12, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

12. Why does Dean sound so much clearer than Sam in this scene? It sounds like Sam’s speaking through a crappy cell phone.

Comment by Mike — March 12, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

13. I can’t believe they released the pictures of Cas’s return BEFORE Eps. 7.16 is even shown, and only a day after the promo clip for 7.16 was released.

Prepare yourself, Taz. If this isn’t a great big fat clue that Cas will be around quite a lot in S8, nothing will be. It’s only been 5 episodes since Bobby died and the brothers were left ‘on their own to depend only on themselves’ and both Cas and Meg are brought back to help. Real Sundance and Butch there, SG.

Comment by Sheri — March 12, 2012 @ 7:26 pm

14. All too true, Sheri–though I’m not sure Castiel’s return will be greeting with the universal applause SG expects. The writes have tried to fashion him into everything from guardian angel to spy to outcast to buffoonish sidekick to fellow hunter to satanic villain, and they’re still trying to come up with a suitable role for him to play. He’s like a ghastly family heirloom you can’t get rid of, so you keep moving it from room to room, hoping it’ll change its nature and somehow fit in. It never does.

I think most viewers know bad Clarence has been hanging around long past his shelf life. But SG is anxious to placate his remaining fans, the lazy writers love their handy deus ex machina device, and the two Js want downtime. So I’m sure you’re right. We can kiss Sundance and Butch goodbye and prepare ourselves for still another dreary season with the deadliest bore on the planet.

Comment by Taz — March 12, 2012 @ 9:50 pm

15. What I don’t understand is how in interviews they came out saying they wanted to challenge the brothers again by getting rid of Bobby and Cas. If Cas is coming back just to “fix everything”…then they lied their asses off. And Bobby will have been killed off for nothing. Not to mention that Bobby is way more interesting than Cas is. I don’t understand the appeal. Maybe it’s just me but I find character with an actual personality intriguing. Angel robots with monotone voices do nothing for me. How some say he is more interesting than Sam and Dean is beyond me.

Comment by Sara — March 12, 2012 @ 9:57 pm

16. That’s “greeted” and “writers.” Sorry. Just typing “Castiel” is putting my fingers to sleep.

btw, what’s Meg doing there? Is he a fallen angel now with a demon assistant to spiff up his black wings? Appropriate.

Comment by Taz — March 12, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

17. Sara, it seems to me they always lie their asses off. As for why they’d get rid of Bobby and bring back this angel robot, my only guess is that SG, being a major “Star Trek” fan, is wild about a certain Vulcan. So, for going on four seasons, we’ve been stuck with Spock in Columbo’s trench coat, sizzling up the screen with his monotone voice and four facial expressions: puzzled, morose, more morose, and blank.

Comment by Taz — March 12, 2012 @ 10:24 pm

18. If the dumb angel is back in season 8, I’m not sure I can watch it. I can’t stand the way he always upstages Sam and Dean. YUCK!

Comment by Jo1027 — March 13, 2012 @ 4:57 am

19. Yeah, Sara, that is why you loved “Souless Sam” so much- because of the robotic monotone personality.

Comment by SL — March 13, 2012 @ 6:47 am

20. OMG! I said the same thing ..that if Castiel.returns in season 8 I will not return to watch SPN.

Comment by ozzie — March 13, 2012 @ 11:23 am

21. i do enjoy the manner in which you have framed this specific issue.

Comment by hohi — March 26, 2012 @ 3:51 pm