Upcoming Episode Synopses with Potential Spoilers

Sadly we’re back to a week without Supernatural, and we will be until April 20. But to keep you up to date, here are the official episode synopses for the next two episodes which might contain some spoilers to keep you excited.

It seems that Bobby’s return isn’t a one-and-done kind of thing, as he’s still helping the boys from beyond after the next episode. I’m quite excited to know that Jim Beaver isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

We’re also gonna get Felicia Day and the return of Dick Roman on April 27. I just love the way this show can casually mention something like Bobby’s rage about being killed. It might seem a bit silly at first, but I kind of hope Ghost Bobby sticks around and helps them for a long time, just like regular Bobby did. Only now he has more special powers cuz he’s a ghost.

April 20: “Of Grave Importance”

From the CW: “Sam and Dean get a call from Annie Hawkins, an old hunter friend, asking for help on a case. When they arrive in town, they find out Annie has disappeared. They trace her last whereabouts to an old abandoned house that is haunted by a powerful ghost.”

April 27: “The Girl with the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo”

From the CW: “Dick Roman acquires Frank’s hard drive that contains sensitive information about the Winchesters and gives it to an unsuspecting brilliant hacker named Charlie (guest star Felicia Day) telling her she has 48 hours to crack the firewall or she is fired. Sam and Dean are tipped off that Dick has the hard drive and race to get to Charlie before she breaks the code. Meanwhile, Bobby tries to help the brothers, but his rage towards Dick for killing him starts to get in the way.”

News posted on April 5, 2012 Comments (73)

1. Sounds like it is going to be great episodes, and I love seeing Bobby again I wish they could make him alive again. But maybe they will.

Comment by Cathy — April 5, 2012 @ 3:27 pm

2. I’m so uninvested in old girlfriends showing up at this stage of the series. Garth and girlfriends, whoopi. I don’t care if she’s the damsel in distress that lives or gets ganked. That one obviously furthers the GhostBobby story.

Sounds like GhostBobby will lead the brothers to 3C (Charlie Computer Girl), before we get to the episodes with teenage Asian prophet, and they’re saving Cas back for the two final episodes, so he can save the day.

Hurry S8. I want Jeremy on-board.

Comment by Sheri — April 5, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

3. What sensitive information could Frank have on 2 nomadic guys who live out of a car?? Are these writers even trying now?

Comment by me — April 5, 2012 @ 5:44 pm

4. @ me: They don’t even have a car this season. They steal a different one every other day.

Jim Michaels tweeted a pix (Bob Singer and two non-staring visitors) on the set of 7.22. The people are standing in the green room Zach held Dean in in Lucifer Rising. Can’t imagine what that means, but God, I hope we don’t end up with Adam in it. No doubt that angels are involved, though, if the green room is being used.

Comment by Sheri — April 5, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

5. Oh Please: No Adam!

Comment by SL — April 5, 2012 @ 7:17 pm

6. I remember when Tessa asked Dean how did he think angry ghosts were made. I wonder how mad GhostBobby is going to be and what exactly he’ll be able to do about it. What can an angry ghost do to a Leviathan? And I wonder what projects Sera is setting up with? Best of luck to her. I’m sure this job was a *Hell* of a lot harder than she thought it was going to be.

Comment by cupidsbow — April 5, 2012 @ 9:01 pm

7. Speaking of Zach, did anyone else catch the Woody-centric Pysch last week? I nearly choked at the Impala reference. And how I would have loved to see Sam and Dean do a cameo walk-by past the coroner window. OOOhhh, or even a look-in asking for directions. They are both in Vancouver, after all. (“Jared Padalecki’s” house was used in this season Pysch Ep. 1)

Comment by cupidsbow — April 5, 2012 @ 9:05 pm

8. Yes. Sounds like Cas will be back to save the day in the final two episodes. Sera just cannot have the Winchester brothers be the key actors in this series. Castiel was the great villian of season 6 and now the great hero of season 7. Her Dean and Sam will always be known as Castiel’s playthings; that’s Sera. Looking forward to a season 8 hopefully with the Impala and a Dean who loves hunting and a Sam with an action story rather than another mental problem.

Comment by CaseyT — April 6, 2012 @ 4:34 am

9. They have got so much potential for great stoylines and there still doing monster of the week episodes why don’t they have a season with the pagan gods building to something as the big bad would be way more interesting

Comment by Dazzman — April 6, 2012 @ 5:04 am

10. @ CaseyT: I think it’s pretty much a given that Cas will be back in S8. I can understand the resurrection of an angel who is banished to serve time on Earth for what he did in Heaven. I just hope that the angel doesn’t become Mr. Fix-It and the brothers aren’t his ‘pets’ again.

I also hope they don’t resurrect Bobby, as much as I like Bobby. Death almost doesn’t have any meaning at all right now, and Bobby’s resurrection would just seal that as show canon…nobody dies (unless it’s good characters like Rufus and Ellen so they can bring in the fandom mixed reactions to characters like Garth and Frank. I think this trick was used to keep fan chatter going in lieu of imaginative stories with surprises.

I really could care less how they wrap up this season or what the story is supposed to be. Just be done with it and let’s get on to S8. I just hope Jeremy isn’t left with a bigger mess than he’s already got on his hands when it’s all over.

The good thing is that Jeremy ‘gets’ Sam and Dean and knows what made this show work. He writes both characters well, so I hope he insists on that in the scripts from the other writers.

So even if Cas and Bobby are around, I don’t think he will let them take over the show and have the boys raising their hands to go to the bathroom again. I just hope he leaves Dean as the leader of the little group and that Sam doesn’t have another Earth-shaking ‘problem’ he’s dealing with or that Dean has to save him from.

@ Dazzman: I’d like pagan gods, but they haven’t done such a good job with them in the couple of episodes they had. Well, most fans, I think, didn’t like them. I actually liked Hammer of the Gods. The god in You Can’t Handle the Truth wasn’t too badly done. I love the demons, too.

They’ve screwed up the canon so badly with ghosts, I think I’d be okay not to have them anymore. (Bobby crossing salt lines; even in Dean’s pocket, that shouldn’t be, and no drop in temperature when he’s around pretty well ruined ghosts for me.)

But, please, please, no more fairies, UFO’s, dragons, and mannequins.

Comment by Sheri — April 6, 2012 @ 8:21 am

11. Sheri– I agree Carver has his hands full. I do have some fears Sera’s finale will lock him into more Castiel angel plots and Bobby as a ghost. And, I fear we are going to be left with the great nonstory-line of the Levis, as well. The series really needs a new focus and new secondary characters. Another year of angel stories and Bobby will only lead to further erosion of the series and its audience. I am royally pissed Bobby is dead, but he had a great run. Carver is certainly being paid a boatload of bucks to take over the series. I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect from him some compelling new characters, and Bobby and Castiel were created by the SPN writers; there is no reason they should not be able to come up with equally compelling characters to replace them–except lack of imagination.
    Some positives are that he does have a rather clean slate to create new secondary characters; Sera massacred most of the previous cast. And, she left Carver with a Dean who has been largely dormant for two years. Should not take much effort to wake him up from his long two year hibernation. In addition, Sara about exhausted the “problems” Sam could have. A Dean focused beyond himself and his feelings should be easy to pull off and a Sam as a confident, caring brother and hunter isn’t beyond the writers’ capabilities.
    My big fear from seeing these synopses is that Sam and Deans’ world, and thus the arc, is simply going to be more angels, demons, and old characters dragging out their long stale stories–and that the ending episodes will lock Carver into that easily repeatable, and boring, set of stories. I sure hope Carver has the guts to reset the brothers world and give us something new. I’d settle for God coming back and smiting all angels and demons–a clean sweep, only to find some new sources of evil to emerge. I’d even be willing to watch extraterrestrials armed with nasty things–anything to get beyond this fracture Biblical fairy-tale world and its tired old arc. Sam and Dean fighting evil is still a great premise, but they need new evils and new characters to interact with. Hope Carver can provide that.
    (I may be the only one but I liked those murdering mannequins.)

Comment by CaseyT — April 6, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

12. @ CaseyT: I’m hoping Carver has some input on the finale so that he is set in a better position to begin his reign. As far as I’m concerned, none of the stories and sub-plots brought up this season has been developed to the point that they could just be dropped. Lord knows, enough of them were dropped last season.

They start filming the finale on Monday, so Carver wasn’t consulted on his ideas for next season, he could be left with a real mess. That’s why I’m willing to give him a half a season to get the show turned in the direction he wants.

Honestly, I don’t know where the season is going or what and who will save the day. Singer keeps saying Dick will be dealt with, but the Levi are everywhere, running the government, the military, and, of course, big business. Just killing Dick doesn’t wrap up the Levi story, IMO. I do think Sam’s story is over and expect Dean’s to be dropped again. I also think either Bobby will be resurrected or left for Carver to deal with. Cas will still be with us in S8 and, hopefully, used very little.

Everyone says Being Human’s stories and characters are moved forward in every episode, so I don’t to have the dragging, dragging, dragging out plots will be a problem. (I don’t watch that show, so can’t say for sure.)

Just a reminder for those of you who have the Starz channel. JDM’s Magic City premieres tonight.

Comment by Sheri — April 6, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

13. I’d rather he jettison everything Sera came up with and have the freedom to start from scratch. Why should he chain himself to all the things Sera botched?

I scoff at the idea of the season or the previous one being Dean dominant. Driving a car isn’t what I consider a prestige position. And I do hope Dean focuses on something other than himself but I hope you don’t mean that he has to focus on taking care of SAM again and coddle the crap out of someone who drops him for monster booty. I’d rather he get to focus on his own storyline and worth as a player in his own right instead of being helpless and still being blamed for everything other people do.

Comment by ORLY — April 6, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

14. I’m with you, ORLY. Just drop whatever isn’t wrapped up this season and start fresh. It’s not like continuity has been a big deal this season anyway.

Not one season has been Dean dominant. S4, I thought, was pretty equal with Sam’s downward spiral (and entirely too much Ruby) and Dean’s introduction to Cas and inclusion in the mytharc. Of course, S4 and S5 Dean stories were completely thrown out with the trash with Swan Song, so basically, Dean was eye candy and bait for Dean fans. I don’t even re-watch anything in those seasons, because I get mad all over again knowing that I was lied to for two years. Don’t watch S6 episodes, either. Nothing in there worth my time.

It’s too early to tell yet this season whether Dean has a story beyond depression and drinking. They’ve been pushing it pretty hard, but I just don’t know what IT is yet. But at this point, Dean has never had a dominant story.

I think Jeremy, though, will give pretty equal treatment to the brothers, and I seriously doubt he will pound us over the head with hand wringing.

Comment by Sheri — April 6, 2012 @ 4:28 pm

15. I just thought it’d be good to explore what it was like before the angels and Desmons have the fairies and pagan gods say were sick of angels and Desmons were gonna show u why we were once the dominant force they’ve exhausted angels and Desmons the creators have opened a couple of doors let’s explore it before they bring god the almighty back

Comment by Dazzman — April 6, 2012 @ 5:59 pm

16. It’s not Cas who has been the deus ex machina in the show. It’s Bobby who spoon feeds the brothers the answers, dead or alive. Even being a ghost hasn’t stopped him from saving the day over and over. Of course there are so many deus ex machinas this season. Mr. Witch arriving in the nick of time to stun the Leviathan. Crowley (at least twice). Death. Meg. We’re still getting time travel episodes without Cas. The brothers are still having issues, even with no Cas. They are still splitting up to hunt apart, even with no Cas. The only difference is without Cas, the show is so much less interesting. I’m really hopeful that dumping Gamble (who hates Cas with a passion) and bringing in Carver will signal a Cas as at least a recurring character for several episodes next season. This season has proven how badly he is needed.

Comment by Jackie — April 6, 2012 @ 6:13 pm

17. Being Human barely has any story. It’s a character piece, and the approach is distinctly geeky and emo.

Comment by Johno — April 6, 2012 @ 7:20 pm

18. Some1 explain to me y do they stall episodes by a week or two after giving two episodes ??is there some protocol i dont know about(i live in a foreign country)…sometimes it makes me feel like…ok expressing my thoughts in BALE style->1:Wheres the next episode??
    2:”No, dont just be sorry! Think for one f***in second! What the f*** are you doing?Are you professional or not?
    Do I f***in walk away and not watch every single episode. No, shut the f*** up, Do I away No! Nnno! Dont shut me up!
    Do I walk away or change the f***in channel? In the middle of a scene? Then why the f*** are you not releasing episodes? Oh, dah-dah, dah-dah, like this lets stall the realease. What the f*** is it with you? What dont you f***in understand? You got any f***in idea about, hey, its f***in annoying having to wait a whole week then finding out Oh wait longer Gimme a f***in answer! What dont you get about it?

Comment by TruthSeeker — April 6, 2012 @ 10:26 pm

19. @ 17: Well, let’s hope that’s the tone of BH and the target market they are going for, and not a bad habit that transfers over. The episodes he wrote for SPN weren’t soapy at all.

Comment by Sheri — April 7, 2012 @ 3:33 am

20. And just to add, Carver has proven he can run a show. It may all go to crap again, but at least there is hope now. I’m excited about the change (haven’t been this excited about the show for years), but certainly do not wish any ill-will towards SG. She’s a talented writer and gave SPN some of its best episodes.

Comment by Sheri — April 7, 2012 @ 3:51 am

21. I am not wishing Sara G any found farewells. I hold her primarily responsible for the sorry state of affairs on Supernatural. I am not sorry she’s gone and even though I am a Canadian (we are know for being polite) I am not a hypocrite. I will not, after making my feeling known in previous posts, stoop to false platitudes. Her parting was long over due and I fear for any knew project she undertakes.

Even if she is moving to a more soap opera like show (I wouldn’t know however if she is) her inability to create anything resembling a cohesive myth-ark, her complete disregard for cannon, and her inability to complete a storyline, will no doubt reek havoc on any show she takes control of.

I am not unhappy to see her go nor do I wish her on any other show. I know that’s mean but it is honest.

TruthSeeker @18 If by Bale you mean Christian Bale I don’t know him very well. ‘Dark Knight the Beginning’ and ‘Empire of the Sun’ is the extent of my familiarity. If your rant is any indication of how he communicates then I don’t want to know him.

Why the stall? First and most probable is to have the all important final episodes in the April sweeps. And second and less likely is there has been a hitch in production or post production or something of that nature. More likely it’s an aim for the April sweeps.

Finely this is the only time I will answer such a post. The brutality and vulgarly was uncalled for and unnecessary. In the future simply ask the question and you will receive an answer.

Comment by Haley 56 — April 7, 2012 @ 7:03 am

22. @ Haley56: I didn’t answer him/her for the very reasons you state — but, yeah, the stall is for the April sweeps that set advertising dollars.

Don’t misunderstand my post. SG is a good writer and an awful storyteller and showrunner. I don’t wish her ill will, but I hate what she did to this show and won’t ever follow a show of hers. Nor will I follow EK, because he lost interest in this one, screwed up the entire story he set out to tell because he lost interest, and he approved of the direction SG chose. In fact, Guy Bee said EK was in the writers room in every week during S6. He probably chose SG as his replacement, too.

Comment by Sheri — April 7, 2012 @ 9:10 am

23. I have no plans to follow either SG or EK after what they’ve done. It’s like watching a good movie with an ending that is such a train wreck it taints everything that happened right before it. I know people who can’t watch early episodes because of Swan Song and every episode afterwards.

On another note, I wouldn’t mind a pagan gods based thing but they got to be more fierce than how they’ve been portrayed in Hammer of the Gods.

Comment by ORLY — April 7, 2012 @ 9:22 am

24. When Supernatural ends ,I will only follow the Js careers ,cause they are the only reason I follow SPN. I was a fan of the Js b4 their Sam & Dean roles. JP in GG and JA in SMV.

If Castiel returns on SPN next season then I won’t be watching SPN ,despite loving the Js. I will just skip season 8 with Castiel and buy the DVD Box set then I can pick & choose what I want to watch from the season 8 SPN DVD box set next year.

Comment by ozzie — April 7, 2012 @ 10:47 am

25. Well seeing though there is honesty being banded about in here .I have disliked this season but I am old enough and big enough and certainly not naive enough to believe Sera Gamble is the sole reason this show is a mess or for the storylines .And in season 6 Mr Kripke was still involved and still writing for the show yet for the last few days I have seen delibrate comments hell bent on blaming her and avoiding the criticism of others.

Misinformation and misinterpretation twisting of the situation to support and back up ideas that were already there .Mr Carver and Singer are being hailed has the great team who will lead us all back into the light and yet Mr Singer has been heavily involved in this show from the begining and the last two seasons and yet not one ounce of finger pointing his being made at this man.

Sera and we dont know what pressures she was under was and is someone who contributed to this show which is more than any of us have done for 7 yrs and I get the stigma attatched to her she was a Sam girl but that has nothing to do with her job.All writers have a character they like writing for Ben Edlund loves writing for Dean and Castiel but there is no issue with that and that is what is wrong.I havent seen a single thing in the way Sam has been written for two seasons that remotely gives anybody a justification in claiming she favoured Sam it did not happen.

I dont know if the new pairing will do anything esp in Mr Singers case but maybe the change was needed but in speaking for myself I do not have have never made Sera the scapegoat for this shows ills there are others who were part of that.

Comment by Sarah — April 7, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

26. Ooooooh! Bobby! Why oh why can’t it be April 20th!?

Comment by Def Leppard :) — April 7, 2012 @ 2:49 pm

27. I have a hard time understanding why anyone who think that the suits at WB and the CW as well as Kripke would entrust one of their shows to someone and then them indulge their “bedroom fantasies.” Sera certainly didn’t make decisions about the show in a vacuum. She had a group of male writers, a male co-showrunner plus Kripke in the writer’s room. She talked about how Kripke helped her finish the script for The Born Again Identity. She was doing plenty of press for that episode so they didn’t exactly put a gag on her.

I think there were obvious problems with pacing and plotting and from what I’ve heard, budget, all of which are enough to replace the show runner, but we don’t know the whole story. She was promoted probably on the strength of her writing and familiarity with the show, but that doesn’t necessarily make a good show runner.
    She may have been asked to resign (likely) but maybe she realized she needed a change and left voluntarily–we don’t know and may never know for sure. But I have to say that some of the stuff I’ve read against Sera smacks hard of misogyny.

Comment by inky — April 7, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

28. Sorry for the typos in my post just above. Yikes.

Comment by inky — April 7, 2012 @ 4:55 pm

29. I am sure that Sera Gamble is not solely responsible for the horror of last season and the flatness of this season. And as the “head honcho” it was going to be her head that “rolled” when the time came to can someone. That has nothing to do with her being a woman. That is the way business is run.
    Regardless of whether she holds sole blame or not (not, in my opinon) she did a lousy job while she was in charge. That is my opinion as a viewer and as a fan of the show.
    She was handed a full platter with all the ingredients she needed to keep the show running at a good even pace and she (and her cohorts) ran the show off the road.
    The only two reasons I have kept watching this show after the fifth season are Jensen and Jared.
    I am hoping for an 8th season and a more enjoyable ride for the boys and for the fans.

Comment by SL — April 7, 2012 @ 6:01 pm

30. Misogyny? Huh. It is my understanding that Robert Singer was given control over budgetary matters, because S6 ran over budget. SG was in charge of the creative side of things.

Regardless, TV is about money and viewership, not what the fans think or want. If all was going well, no change would have been made, regardless of gender. Certainly, a new showrunner would not have been hired for next season, if there wasn’t going to be a next season.

SG did fan girl in S6 to the point that it was embarrassingly unprofessional. Gushing about Sam’s brilliant essence and barely being able to speak the word ‘Dean’ certainly were an indication of that.

Like CaseyT said, though, I think she tried to correct that this year, but her idea of a story and a direction to take the show were not right for this show. Reputations are earned by both males and females and viewed differently by different people, so as far as I am concerned, people can think whatever they want about her. Speaking for myself, I couldn’t be happier that she is out, and I’ll not follow another SG or EK show again.

Sure, there is the possibility that next year will be awful too; but this news is the first time I have felt excited about SPN since the end of S4. I’m already looking forward to the beginning of S8 to see what Jeremy brings to the show. In fact, I hope he writes the finale for this season so he can set up whatever his plans are for next season…or at least had some input into it. The finale starts filming on Monday, so the script is done. I just don’t know yet who did it, but I’m hoping not SG or EK.

Comment by Sheri — April 7, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

31. inky @27 are you serious? Misogyny? Why is it that we can complain about Kripki’s work and it’s all about the job but if we condemn Sara G’s work it’s about gender? Why can’t a woman fail just because she’s lousy in the job?

If my manager comes to me and asks why I’m behind scheduled I will give him an explanation be it circumstances beyond my control or I screwed up in some way. I would never resort to playing the sexiest card. I have my pride.

Sara G screwed up because she didn’t do the job. She turned the show from a horror drama to a soap opera like inner turmoil melodrama and did it rather poorly at that. She shifted from one focus to another dropping story lines along the way as if they were trivial matters and rewrote canon at will. Finely she was openly prejudice in her attention admitting in a public interview to being a Sam-girl.

Yes everyone has a right to a preference but a show runner like a parent should never admit to it least of all in public. Worse she acted on her partiality. Unfortunately in true soap opera fashion the hero is given all the worst trials, tribulations, and implausible problems to overcome. Poor Sam.

I have never hidden my dislike of Sara G’s treatment of Supernatural and will not cut her any slack just because she’s a woman. As a woman who spent much of her working life in a male dominated profession that is my right.

Did some one comment that Carver was working on a show focused on mellow drama and internal turmoil? If so, that does not bode well.

Comment by Haley 56 — April 7, 2012 @ 8:18 pm

32. When there are problems in any situation then its usually the person at the top that takes the brunt of the blame. Gambles is the showrunner/leader , so yup she gets the blame and I have no problems with that and her gender has nothing to do with it either.

Carver has been working on Being Human and believe me I watch the series and compare to it…its Supernatural thats been mellow drama for 2 seasons now.

Being human has enough wolves,vamps and spirits in it kicking butt ,too refer it to a mellow anything. Who ever said Being Human is mellow drama is off target on the critique.

Being Human on syfy and the Walking Dead and even VD on the CW are currently 3 sci-fi shows better than Supernatural.

Comment by ozzie — April 8, 2012 @ 4:15 am

33. They should bring back lucifer as an anti hero like spike was in Buffy like he’s bad but help out the boys against there wishes maybe he got out of hell with Sam but had to do it in his head as a way out of he’ll the actor plays him really well and I think there’s a lot of potential there a lot of big bass ind a lot of shows have returned playing nicer roles cause fans loved the characters and who knows in the end maybe he and god can patch up oh and did I mention the pagan gods good possible story arc they should be paying me for these ideas

Comment by Dazzman — April 8, 2012 @ 4:23 am

34. He could provide some extra comic relief cause he’s lucifer and ge can do what ever he wants cause hes lucifer and
    he dont give a f–k

Comment by Dazzman — April 8, 2012 @ 4:55 am

35. “I will not, after making my feeling known in previous posts, stoop to false platitudes.”

Is not possible for one to be critical of another but also wish them the very best in life?

Comment by Johno — April 8, 2012 @ 7:16 am

36. @ ozzie: That’s what I have been hearing, too.

@ Dazzman: I hope to never see Lucifer again. Mark P. is a good actor, but first a sympathetic Devil with daddy issues and now nothing but snark. There certainly hasn’t been anything this year that shows me Lucifer is evil incarnate. I’d rather see the snark go back to Dean, and I sure don’t want Sam with another earth shattering problem.

And, since the show apparently can’t afford classic rock music, I’d like to see the pop culture references come from classic rock and not the stuff I’ve never even heard of before as it is now.

@ Johno: Sure it is. SG is probably a good person, and in the earlier season, with some strong direction and co-authorship, she was a good writer. I haven’t found her episode of late all that powerful, but her earlier ones were excellent. I’ve learned that her idea of horror is not my idea of horror.

And, BTW, everything I’ve heard about both VD and Being Human are that they are better shows in the horror department than SPN has been in two years. Bloggers say each of the characters are developed and that each episode moves the story forward.

Comment by Sheri — April 8, 2012 @ 7:37 am

37. Ozzie @32, I have watched only a couple of episodes of Being Human (the first two) thus I do not know the show. All I recall is the pace was slow and the focus was suffering souls. The first two episodes is enough to tell me I’m not interested in the show but not enough to form an educated opinion on the show runner. As I said, I was referring to another poster’s comment.

Johnno @35, I repeat, as do to her incompatible, (inability to tell a cohesive story, destroys rather than develops characters, etc.) I would not wish her on any other show. The only thing I could wish her is a demotion back to writer preferably with a partner.

Comment by Haley 56 — April 8, 2012 @ 8:26 am

38. Haley56,

Yeah, some of the comments I’ve read out there on the internet are disgusting and tear Sera apart for having a uterus and supposedly being ruled by her hormones. Forgetting that a whole bunch of men were also on board.

I’ve already posted that there were several reasons to replace her that have nothing to do with her gender and supposed “crush.” There is no reason to go there. Being a show runner is quite an accomplishment, male or female. The fact that it wasn’t her forte is too bad.

Reading around the forums, the Dean fans are upset with her but the Sam fans are also upset. She didn’t seem to please any group.

Comment by inky — April 8, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

39. I reread my first post and I am very sorry if it seemed like I was dismissing your legitimate complaints. I just had read a comments section elsewhere that featured some nasty name calling against Ms Gamble and that’s what my comment was about.

Comment by inky — April 8, 2012 @ 3:45 pm

40. Re post 38, That was supposed to be incompetence, clicked on the wrong correction (spell checker) sorry about that.

Comment by Haley 56 — April 8, 2012 @ 6:14 pm

41. eventually dean and sam will fully know that boby is with them..and something has to happen with cas again..does this girl who posed herself a nurse,will try to manipulate Cas, and he goes dark again because lucifer is in his head now?? or somehow be saved again, and to maby help bobby??or maybe he should just jump into a body?? but im curious

Comment by cee — April 8, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

42. I actually don’t care that the episode has been delayed you can say to the 20th cause I am on the 4th Season right now and it’s my favourite up until now.

Comment by Sabrina Khan — April 11, 2012 @ 3:05 am

43. Felica Day is pretty. Hopefully they’ll keep her around for a bit.

The show really does need a recurring female character or two. Also, I think it’s about time Sam has a new love interest. He hasn’t really had one since Jess (Ruby not included).

Comment by JJA — April 11, 2012 @ 8:20 am

44. THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE KILLED BOBBLY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

Comment by jay — April 11, 2012 @ 2:16 pm

45. @ JJA: I think Bela, Ruby, and Lisa were enough recurring female characters to last me a lifetime, with Jo a close second. I do not want to watch Sam go home for weekend booty trips anymore than I did Dean and I don’t want a 95 lb. female hunter dressed in tight leather pants doing fancy knife work. That stuff is for fanfiction, and we’ve had enough fanfic stories these last two years. It’s not what the show is about.

Comment by Sheri — April 11, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

46. I have been watching your shows for month now that I can Record and watch later. “Clap Your Hands if you Believe”, first aired 11/19/2010, was a nice side line and I enjoyed the side track. Has the subject of fairies succeded on any past shows? Thanks for a change. Looking forward to all future shows.

Comment by Duane — April 12, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

47. @Haley and Sheri – Post #18 was a joke… Christian Bale had a public rant just like that one on the set of Terminator. He was just trying to be funny…

No issues with Sera’s season 6. Thought it was a great follow up to seasons 1-5. They chose Freedom over Peace, and when Creatures (Angels) who aren’t used to freedom of choice are given that freedom, they obviously have no real sense of what’s right and what’s wrong. Castiel thought he was doing good. He wasn’t. I thought it was a very good film norish type mystery. Yes, some issues with canon, and a few other nit picky things here and there, but I enjoyed it for it’s radical structure (compared to other seasons).

Now, season 7? TRAIN WRECK. No other words. NO character archs, no main story line that is coherent, at least, and no NOTHING that made me love this show. You wanted to strip the boys of their resources, FINE, awesome idea, bring it back to them having to actually solve their own cases. Oh wait. Alright. We’ll take their angel buddy, their human buddy, and all their hunter friends, even their CAR away, annnnd we’ll give them a ghost, a NEW more tech savy version of Bobby, and some more conveniences, and well, yeeeah there goes that “promise” of “no outside help”.

Terrible, awful season. There’s been literally 3 episodes I’ve liked.

NOw, as for Sera. It is what it is. I (me, personally, my opinion) did great with season 6 so I am fine with that. Season 7, not sure what happened in that writer’s room (I did notice a LOT of new freelancers writing one off’s this year, Budget reasons for that? Possibly the reason they went with so many one offs? Easier for free lancers?).

Point the finger there, point it here, point it wherever, but it all comes down to the MANAGER of factory that makes the product when the product begins to lose it’s quality, and that manager is Sera and sorry, but see ya later.

Jeremy, get your but in here and I’ll wish you all the luck I can…

Comment by Jeff — April 13, 2012 @ 12:29 am

48. Jeff: I read somewhere on a post that JP had said they had a slight increase in the budget this year. No idea, but all those classic cars came from somewhere and they’re not cheap.

There certainly appears to be an inordinate amount of writer turnover on this show for some reason, but I agree the overall problem lies with SG.

I still can’t tell you what the storyline is this season. As a general rule, it’s hard to be invested in a show if no one knows what story that show is trying to tell. In this case, if it weren’t for the 2Js and the long history fans have with them, the show would be over. (And it’s a good thing it is on the CW, a network with overall terrible ratings.)

Yes, Jeremy. I hope our faith is not misplaced in him, but without this change, I feel there would be no hope at all for better than we’re getting.

Comment by Sheri — April 13, 2012 @ 2:15 am

49. I miss Castiel!!!!!! It was sooooo excellent seeing him again in the episode before last. I think it’s been disastrous when the storyline veers too far off track. They need to stick to the meat and potatoes of the original ideas or they will lose followers like me. Not to say my mind isn’t open to a little variety, but I need the foundation of the story to stay interested.

Comment by Kimberly — April 13, 2012 @ 4:16 pm

50. I only watch Supernatural because of the 2J’s. I swear if Jared & Jensen left Supernatural , I ‘d stop watching it.

Comment by ozzie — April 13, 2012 @ 6:26 pm

51. If Jensen and Jared left there would be NO Supernatural!

Comment by SL — April 13, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

52. They INCREASED the budget over last year?!? Wow. Shocked. They’ve been using SOME classic cars this year in place of the Impala, but most have been beat up junkers it seems. And very very little classic rock and most of the effects have been completely laughable. Where’s the money going?! Lol

Comment by Jeff — April 14, 2012 @ 12:12 am

53. @ Jeff: The new president, Mark, seems to want to take care of SPN. I take bringing in Carver as a positive sign that he wants to get the show back on track. I’m not surprised that the budget was increased, because the value of the dollar has been totally trashed with all the printing of money the U.S. has done. I’m sure they were forced to increase the budget just to stay even with costs.

Wherever the money is going, though (and I’m sure it is just to stay even), I hope now some of it will be diverted back into some classic rock, since I think (1) that the music set the tone of the original show (and was used effectively to do that), and (2) that these days music is a very important component in a show. We are dealing with an audience on CW that grew up watching MTV and doing homework while listening to music. In fact, my kids always have music with them (on their phones). They don’t leave home without it. I hear more classic rock on the morning Fox shows than I do on SPN.

Besides an important element in setting the tone of the show; myself, I expect classic rock. It’s the music I listened to and still do. That, combined with two Hells Angels type of guys in a rural America setting (the places I grew up in) was why I tuned into the show in the first place to see what it was all about. It sure wasn’t to see Dean hanging out in a bristol, spouting these new pop culture references that I never heard of. That screams ‘California’ to me.

I’m guessing those junker classic cars probably still had to be shipped up to Vancouver, and shipping is expensive, especially with the high oil prices these days (the reason our gas prices are so high is because the value of our money is so low — because of printing money — and it takes more of it to buy the oil. If oil production wasn’t at an all-time high in the U.S. these days and U.S. consumption down 7%-10% over last year, we’d be paying double of what we are now.)

Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is that although the budget was increased, I think that increase was sucked up by increased costs, so the show’s low budget is probably just being sustained.

Comment by Sheri — April 14, 2012 @ 4:35 am

54. gawd i swear if cas comes in the last two episodes and saves the day i will put my foot thru my tv and write a letter to the cw and anyother bigwig telling them how visionless they are and a disapointment they are in story telling. please please don’t have cas come in to save the day. get rid of the angel arc PLEASE.

Comment by animal — April 14, 2012 @ 9:56 am

55. So far we know Jim Beaver was filming 7.22, with rumors that Misha and Mark Sheppard might be, too. We also know Jake Abel (Adam) flew up to Vancouver, but no confirmation that he would do anything on SPN. He is supposed to start filming some other project.

We know nothing that I know for sure about 7.23 (at least that I am aware of), including who wrote it. Filming ends on the 18th, this coming Wednesday, so Abel would have time to squeeze something short in for SPN.

Misha has been tweeting that he stayed out of the ‘pilot season’ because he knew he was coming back to SPN — which doesn’t tell us anything for sure about S8, but I’m sure he will be back. We also know that he has two more episodes to be in this season.

Basically, we don’t know much of what will happen between now and the end.

Jim Beaver has been tweeting that he will be in S8, too. How much? No one knows.

Comment by Sheri — April 14, 2012 @ 11:46 am

56. Hello everyone; heres my 2 cents and hopefully the producers of the show see this.

Supernatural goes on Hiatus way to much during its seasons. Especially when u near the end; stop dragging everything on. Thank god the Walking Dead doesnt do that.. they give u 6 episodes then break then another 6 episodes and its over.

Too many hiatus’s drown the show. imo

Comment by My2Cents — April 14, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

57. @ My2Cents: It drives me nuts. I am so through with the CW after SPN ends.

Comment by Sheri — April 14, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

58. @8 and @10 I fail to see how the brothers can have been Castiel’s playthings when he hasn’t been in the show since 7.02 and was only briefly in 7.17.

Happy to see him back: his will be the only episodes I bother with this season and I hope very much that he’ll be back in TFW in season 8.

@24 You do realize that makes you “not a true fan” of the show right? Oh the irony!

Comment by Maria — April 14, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

59. @ Maria #58: “@8 and @10 I fail to see how the brothers can have been Castiel’s playthings when he hasn’t been in the show since 7.02 and was only briefly in 7.17.”

Did you watch S6? That clearly explains what CaseyT and I are talking about, along with GodCas’s narrative that the Winchesters were his ‘favorite pet.” Fate says the same thing in My Heart Will Go On.

Did you watch S4 and S5 where Cas manipulated Dean like a puppet, even getting him to swear his allegiance to the angels, to fulfill the angel’s plan to start the Apocalypse up until the time he joined TFW, which was too late to stop the angels plan? If you didn’t, it doesn’t matter, that Dean story was thrown out with Swan Song.

From the sounds of it, you’ll be seeing two more episodes of SPN, as that should finish up Cas’s role this season. Personally, I won’t miss any of them, even though I don’t find the spoilers we have gotten all the anticipating generating. But…the Winchesters will be in THEIR show, so I’ll be there.

My guess is that Cas will be back on-board in S8, but that has not been confirmed yet, since the show has not officially been renewed. Enjoy your Cas.

Comment by Sheri — April 14, 2012 @ 6:41 pm

60. @58 ummmmm you just stated the same thing @24 did about not watching spn just the cas episodes. i guess your not a true fan either. you cas fans honestly-you poisen the fandom you really do.

Comment by animal — April 15, 2012 @ 7:13 am

61. IF Castiel fans don’t want to watch Supernatural then the better for it. Sorry but SPN on September 13,2005 was Castieless and the series then also being hardcore sci-fi drama was 4 to 4 million stronger than the 1.86 million now.

Comment by ozzie — April 15, 2012 @ 8:39 am

62. animal = ozzie = God apparently because they get to decide who is a true fan and who isn’t. Let’s all bow down before Sam and Sam fans before it smites us for watching a TV show wrong.

Comment by Nico — April 15, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

63. oh and i am a supernatural/dean/sam fan-cas was ok for awhile but the cas fans drag it down for me. they don’t get what supernatural is or what it is about. they drag the show down. so i kinda do agree with ozzie. look at the numbers.

Comment by animal — April 15, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

64. Just watched sneak peek for new episode and was SO happy to see Bobby :) No matter what anyone else thinks about it: I Love Bobby and I want him back!

Comment by SL — April 15, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

65. It’s funny to see people mad at the idea of Castiel saving the day though I doubt he will but I wonder how many would be cool with ghost Bobby doing so? I find that particularly idea horrible and sadly enough a lot more possible.

Bobby needs to die period.

Comment by ORLY — April 15, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

66. A good show needs interesting characters. It also needs a little mystery. If there is a “magic bullet” every episode that cures the problem, then there is no suspense… no mystery. Having an angel like Cas on the show makes for interesting character development and situations. Having him be all-powerful…. not so much. I remember a show called “V” (not the recent incarnation), where they had a hybrid character–part human, part “V”– who would develop a new power every time they got into a sticky situation and get them out of it. I think that’s what killed an otherwise good show. Someone mentioned they shouldn’t keep resurrecting characters because then death has no meaning on the show. Well, they had an episode where Death himself proves to Dean that everyone has a time, and though he is a “Horseman” he is also not a bad guy, just a natural part of the universe…and he has to clean up Dean’s messes every time he beats the natural order. That being said, the character actually DOES die. They are just brought back afterwards. Obviously they cannot bring back everyone, but certain core characters should not be wantonly offed. Like what I call the “Star Trek Rule”–you can take the universe out to play, but make sure you put it back when you’re done. No one would expect those main characters to remain dead long. And the Red Shirts were cannon fodder because someone had to be. Cas has made his return. If he’s stuck with Lucifer in the noggin (and that remains to be seen if he is merely a left-over bit of Sam’s crazy, or an actual fragment of Lucifer himself), will he be less powerful because he has to keep the Lucifer chip reigned in. Bobby, I think, they should take their time with a bit. Have him work through being a ghost. He can be one of the rare ones that works through his anger and doesn’t become an angry spirit. Maybe they can get him back to corporeal by other than conventional (read: angelic) means. Perhaps he can possess a shape shifter, making him both Bobby, and anyone he can morph into! Great way to bring back other “dead” people as Bobby impersonates them! Frankly, they can get a whole season of altered-states Bobby and keep it interesting. Eventually, he can either be restored, or given a heroic exit. As for the Leviathans… they are turning out to be what the “Mother of All” monsters SHOULD have been. They were billed as tougher than anything they’ve seen yet, and were offed by a little bit of ingenuity and some Phoenix ash. An expected end-of-season magic bullet to kill the Leviathans or to put them back in the box at least would be, well, expected. Which is why they shouldn’t do it. Maybe this time, they should UP the anti instead.

Comment by Joseph — April 15, 2012 @ 10:41 pm

67. @ Joseph: “Bobby, I think, they should take their time with a bit. Have him work through being a ghost. He can be one of the rare ones that works through his anger and doesn’t become an angry spirit.”

I don’t know what the show is going to do about Bobby, quite frankly. Since the very beginning, the show has said that ghosts ALWAYS turn into angry spirits (Tessa in My Time of Dying).

There have been two times that ghosts ‘moved on’: John and Molly (Road Kill), and they ‘saw the light’, as it were. I don’t know if the light they saw was a reaper, the stairway to Heaven, or what. According to show canon, though, ghosts can only move on with the help of a reaper or the help of a hunter releasing them from whatever unfinished business that’s keeping them here.

John seemed to have a very limited time when he went, which indicates a reaper was there that we didn’t see. The brothers released Tessa from her attachment (her husband) and then she moved on (so the light was probably a reaper…but who knows.

Bobby had already met his reaper (just as Dean did with Tessa). From what Tessa said, there was no second chance if the person did not agree to go and the person would turn ‘into the very thing Dean hunts’; i.e., an angry spirit and wander the Earth forever.

Dean knows this and so does Sam, so when Sam finds out that Bobby is attached to the flask, I think he will want to burn it, even if Dean doesn’t want to. I would find it hard to believe that both of them would be happy to have Bobby hanging around knowing that he will turn into an angry spirit.

They also strung Bobby dying out for two episodes, with Death’s Door being the big emotional episode of the season. If they magically resurrect Bobby, then that episode was a bigger waste than Time For a Wedding. The whole emotional impact of the episode would have been for nothing except audience manipulation. I don’t like that — it’s cheap writing.

If GhostBobby kills Dick (which I don’t think he will — maybe help, but not make the kill), then the season turns out to be Bobby’s season, like last season was the Cas season. I don’t like that either.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do. I’m just not sure that they will succeed with whatever they have planned given the corner they seem to have written themselves into.

I see the same corner for Cas. I can buy into a resurrected Cas under the assumption that God resurrected him one more time. Since we are never given a reason for why God keeps choosing to resurrect him, we’re left to assume that the two mere humans have to have supernatural help to achieve anything. That’s the part of Cas that I don’t like. What does that say about humanity: that humanity is weak, can’t function w/o supernatural help, that our badass hunter Dean turns into a bowl of alcoholic jello w/o his angel BFF?

But we know he’s back and will have to write him into scripts, so the only thing to hope for is that he doesn’t become a permanent Winchester in the backseat of the Impala (demoted to being human) or the permanent ‘get out of jail free’ card that he was in the past. Those are the two things I don’t want to happen again with Cas.

Those are my concerns with what has been done with these two support characters. That, and isn’t it awful that we’re spending another three weeks talking about support characters and not something that is going on with either of the leads of the show?

Comment by Sheri — April 16, 2012 @ 2:26 am

68. Sheri–agree with you that back to Cas as all-powerful angel or third man in the Impala are bad ideas. I think his and Bobby’s role depends on the desire of J2 and Carver about the future of the series, and most importantly J2′s desire to continue. If J2 want simply one more year, then it’s likely we will get a simple repeat of one Cas story or both. The same holds true for Bobby. They’ll keep him around as a ghost. The idea with both supporting characters will be simply to hold on to segments of the audience that love those supporting characters and keep J2 playing their familiar roles with actors they enjoy working with.
    If the idea behind season 8 is to rejuvenate the series for a possible 2 or 3 additional years, then IMO, we will get an attempt to launch new supporting characters and an entirely new arc.
    J2 suggested resetting the series by somehow making seasons 6 and 7 appear not to have happened. Sounds like they see season 8 as a real swan song year of conclusion. If so, I’d expect big roles for Bobby and Castiel, and a year of familiar faces and plots. I’d guess that would be enjoyable to watch for old times’ sake, but I’d prefer to see SPN go in a totally new direction, with new creative energy, even if it fails, with new supporting characters and an entirely new arc (like Dean gone dark side!) than go out with a whimper of retread characters and plots. The problem with that of course is that it would be a waste of money and creative effort to launch much new if J2 are finished with the series, and their contracts have been much reported as running out at the end of season 8. Guess we’ll simply have to wait and see, but IMO J2′s plans not only hold the key to the future of the series but also how 8 will play out.

Comment by CaseyT — April 16, 2012 @ 5:58 am

69. @CaseyT: Those are good points, Casey, and bring out the added point that it will be interesting to see which direction S8 takes right off the bat. We may be able to see if the plan is to reset or rejuvenate fairly early. Whichever, it makes looking forward to S8 even more exciting.

Comment by Sheri — April 16, 2012 @ 8:05 am

70. I said it before I’ll say it again make s8 = pagan gods so much potential what if they started doing things to get humanity to believe in them again so they get their power back up again plenty of big bad options there they gotta start going in new directions keep it supernatural all this emotional crap between dean and Sam they’ll have to rename the show supernatural brothers and sister bullyacacha figaro

Comment by Dazzman — April 18, 2012 @ 2:51 am

71. Maybe a war between the old gods those that want to rule again and those that want to remain anonymous the boys teaming up with someone like Zeus shooting lightning bolts at bad guys

Comment by Dazzman — April 18, 2012 @ 2:58 am

72. I don’t watch brothers and sisters by the way I wouldn’t know anything about that the missus watches it and tellse about it

Comment by Dazzman — April 18, 2012 @ 3:03 am

73. Hiya. I found your blog employing live messenger. Which is an incredibly well crafted article. Let me you should definitely save that as well as come back to continue reading of your tips. Basically write-up. I’m going to unquestionably come back.

Comment by get rid of tattoo naturally reviews — June 21, 2013 @ 5:21 pm