Eric Kripke’s New Show Picked Up by NBC

This isn’t about Supernatural, but it’s still great news. SPN creator Eric Kripke is returning to TV this fall. NBC has officially picked up his new drama pilot, Revolution. The show about a post-apocalyptic world where all forms of power have mysteriously vanished is also produced by J.J. Abrams. The show stars David Lyons (The Cape), Billy Burke (Twilight and 24) and Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad).

News posted on May 7, 2012 Comments (52)

1. No, I am not excited that next season there will be two Kripke creations on TV.

The Supernatural we have now doesn’t bear much resemblance to Kripke’s creation, anyway.

Perhaps he will have learned a lesson, and this new show will be kept true to whatever vision Kripke has for it. But I won’t know whether it does or not, since I won’t watch another Kripke production.

But — I have to say, I’m a little confused about the description. A post-apocalyptic (sounds familiar, eh?) world where all forms of power have MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared? What kind of power should the world expect to have after an apocalypse?

There have GOT to be some fresh ideas out there, somewhere. Everything can’t be about a post-apocalyptic world. TV and Movies are just full of this storyline.

Is it just because it’s 2012?

Comment by bestshowfan — May 7, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

2. I won’t get involved in another EK production, either. He royally screwed his fans once, and that is once too often for me.

Comment by Sheri — May 7, 2012 @ 7:20 pm

3. Amen!

And it feels wrong. Are they trying to build anticipation and following for the new creation by pitting it against the established one and that too on a rival network? Shame! Shame!

Comment by Mona — May 7, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

4. I don’t think I’ll forgive Kripke for abandoning his creation to incompetent hands. I may be bitter for a VERY long time. They better hope it’s not a hit, he’ll get bored eventually.

Comment by Sara — May 7, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

5. I am so glad for his creativity and sensitivity and imagination. High Anticipation here! I am looking forward to watching.

Comment by Jo — May 8, 2012 @ 4:32 am

6. is it wrong that i wish that the show does poorly so that kripke would return to supernatural…..because I really do hope that the show does terrible so that kripke can return to supernatural.

Comment by N-D's — May 8, 2012 @ 7:03 am

7. I’ve been around some vicious fandoms over the years but you guys take the biscuit! I’ve never known such a nasty group of spiteful, self-entitled so-called fans in my life as you lot. For such an awesome show, Supernatural sure does attract some awful people.

Yeah, let’s wish failure on all Kripke does from now on because he dared to want more from his career than a single show. Because obviously he was put on this planet to provide for Supernatural fans alone. What was he thinking, daring to want to do something else? How incredibly selfish of him!

I’m not sure where it began but the Supernatural fandom has become rotten at the core, full of people who do nothing put complain and whine, not happy unless they are being obnoxious toward either one of the writers, one of the actors or even each other. Not even positive criticism anymore. Just negative bile all the time. And this very site has become a focus point for the very worst of it.

I’m not going to even pretend that anything I said here will make a difference to any of you though. You won’t want to hear the truth so you’ll respond the way you respond to everything. With nastiness. Then you’ll go back to your negative ways, because you’re ‘entitled to your opinions’, no matter how incredibly spiteful those opinions might be. A shame really!

Comment by Reality Check — May 8, 2012 @ 8:13 am

8. I think most of you all just like to bitch. Most of you have stated all along you only watched SPN because of the J’s, not because of Kripke. Kripke stated from the beginning he had a 5 year plan and he stuck to it.

Comment by clclemmons — May 8, 2012 @ 8:16 am

9. Maybe Sera Gamble can join the writing staff and ruin that show as well.

Comment by Jared — May 8, 2012 @ 9:41 am

10. Reality Check and Clclemmons, Who the hell do you two think you are?!?!?!?!?! You set yourselves above everyone else passing judgement on complete strangers making these broad sweeping statements as if speaking from on high. No of course we won’t take anything you say to heart! Why should we give credence to anything said by people so filled with their own self importance that they would sneer at us with such condescension and over something so petty.

Sara, Mona, Sheri, Bestshowfan and N-D’s, The creator of a show does not have as much control over it as you might think. Studio heads make demands and show runners comply or risk their show being dropped for the line up. I recall the expressed surprise in the writer’s room when Kripke came in announcing they’re are Angels but they’re dicks.

Some show runners can press the matter and come to a compromise but absolute power was never Kripke’s. Prior to Supernatural Kripke had written and directed two shorts and a series (Tarzan) that was cancelled only 8 episodes in. He may be on his way to being a Jos Whedon but even after writing four successful movies (Toy Story, Alien Resurrection, Buffy the movie, and Titan AE) and with Buffy the series and Angel under his belt Whedon couldn’t save Firefly.

Perhaps you may think Kripke should walk away from his project when told to compromise in his work but would throw a serous monkey wrench in your carrier purely on principle. I would find it selfish if you expected him to. A show runner who walks away from a project thumbing his nose at the executives may never get another chance. I don’t think bringing Angels into the show was his decision but one of a number forces on him.

I doubt Kripke had a lot of input into who took over as show runner. Considering that other than experience as Supernatural’s story editor Sera’s only claim to fame was writing two shorts (Who’s Wagging Who and The Clay Man) and two episodes of Eyes (a series that didn’t even air all it’s episodes before being cancelled) one has to wonder what possessed the PTB to hand over a show like Supernatural to her in the first place.

I don’t hold Kripke responsible for what happened to our beloved Supernatural and I wish him well. On the other hand, (and I may be cruel for saying this) Sera G. can take a long walk off a short pier.

Comment by Haley 56 — May 8, 2012 @ 10:27 am

11. i like your last paragraph haley56-i think alot of spn fans think that same way. i for one don’t watch much on tv-spn being 1 of maybe 3 things i watch on a continual basis. spn being the only scripted show. news and wipeout being the other two. but if kripke would have j2 guest star on his new show-i’ll be there. i may peek in once in awhile just to see whats up. but thats about it.

Comment by animal — May 8, 2012 @ 10:35 am

12. you guys are funny. kind of extremists?

Comment by annie — May 8, 2012 @ 11:06 am

13. btw people who complain about people who complain are still complaining

Comment by annie — May 8, 2012 @ 11:09 am

14. @7&8 awwww -please-its a free world-at least thecomplainers have an opinion-to knock a complainer is complaining as well. its what makes us human. pipe down -without complainers the conversation world would be boring and nothing would ever be invented. the car wouldn’t have been invented if someone didn’t complain about walking everywhere or riding on a horse. so leave them alone.

Comment by animal — May 8, 2012 @ 11:38 am

15. @ #10 and #11: I hold Kripke responsible for losing interest about mid-way through S5 and, instead of going with how the story had organically evolved, reverted to handing the writing of the finale for a 5-year story to some unknown writer, which he doctored into a teleplay.

I blame Kripke for ditching one of the two leads in the show.

I blame Kripke for pulling a ‘yellow crayon’ ending with Sam amazingly being able to gain control of Luci because of Sam’s little plastic soldier and a sunbeam shining on the Impala.

I blame Kripke for giving Dean the Lisa insta-family as a consolation prize because he had no role to play except lay on the ground.

I blame Kripke for the really crappy dialogue in Swan Song.

I blame Kripke for setting up a story for both leads, have it play out for two years, and then drop one of the damned things because he didn’t have the interest to put some creative thought into it.

I blame Kripke for setting up a 5-year action show and having absolutely no action in the finale, but God, did we get a lot of whining, whining, and more whining…something about daddy issues…which were never resolved in any way.

I blame Kripke for devoting precious screen time for a big fat apology when, in fact, if he felt the need to apologize to what he knew would be fans critical of his finale, he should have known he had a crappy script. Kripke simply did not make an honest effort and chose instead to jettison an entire season (S4).

I don’t blame Kripke for SG being appointed showrunner. I think that was Dawn O’s decision.

I don’t care if Kripke gets work or not. In fact, I’m sure he will continue to do just that. All I’m saying is that I won’t put any investment in anything of his…or SG’s…ever again. He doesn’t have enough emotional maturity to put any faith in what he might deliver, as far as I am concerned.

But animal is right in that if Jensen wasn’t in SPN, I would have bailed on this show at the end of S5 mad as hell that I’d spent five years on it.

If Carver doesn’t focus on telling a story about Sam and Dean Winchester, I’ll not be around long next year. These last two years have been nothing more than an inordinate amount of focus on secondary characters, and I want to be immersed in the story of the two lead characters. I have no investment in Bobby, Cas, Meg, Garth, Krissy, Amy, or stuntcasted actors from faded genre shows (the Starks). I don’t mind support characters, but I do mind when support characters push the leads into the wallpaper…two years is quite a long time for that to still be going on.

So, yeah, screw you Kripke and screw you, Sera. I’m going to give Carver a chance to see if he can get the show back on track.

Comment by Sheri — May 8, 2012 @ 11:53 am

16. Funny, I just had a thought. Perhaps the fitting way to end season 5 would been for both Sam & Dean to say yes in Swan Song, taking control from Lucifer and Michael and jumping into the cage together. The show could end right there or start season 6 with God pulling them out of the cage and them going back to hunting.

Comment by Scott — May 8, 2012 @ 12:15 pm

17. Hehe, predictable responses! Love ‘em!

Just to clarify, Haley 56, I’m ‘passing judgement’ purely on the evidence presented to me on these very pages. Evidence that you all have willingly provided to me of your own free will, week in, week out. It’s all there in black and white. Well, greyish and white, I guess. As such, you all being complete strangers to me is pretty much irrelevant, as the point of my judgement is there for all to see.

And animal? It’s not the ‘complaining’ that bothers me (although the sheer amount of it here does get tedious) so much as the way in which it’s done. Note that it was in a thread where people were actually wishing failure on Eric Kripke’s new project where I finally decided to say something. I’ve been lurking here for years because this is still the best site for Supernatural news, and I’ve long been disgusted by what I’ve read in the comments, but eventually you get to the point where you feel the need to say something. The vitriol in the first few posts in this thread was the final straw for me. So yeah, I’m not talking about all the complaining. I’m talking about how blatantly spiteful and nasty it has become.

But don’t worry everyone. I’ll be heading off back to lurkerdom now so you don’t have to worry about getting any more of this truth stuff thrown at you. Do feel free to carry on with the bitching. You’re all so very good at it…

Comment by Reality Check — May 8, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

18. @16 scott-i would have liked that ending better. i still would like to see dean fight lucifer -just because of what lucifer did to sam. but i don’t think that is going to happen.

@17-yes the complaining is spiteful but look at what sheri and the others are saying. they are frustrated (so am i by the way) the show Supernatural has run away from the Dean and Sam characters. they have not really been relavant or herolike for two seasons. can you not agree with that particular statment? and can you not agree that that could be very frustrating for those of us who believe that supernatural is about the two winchester brothers and thier journey fighting monsters??? that was stated by kripke himself. somewhere along the line it became the angel show. and i am not talking about david boreanus’ angel. i see misha collins/cas everywhere now on line-he does interviews, headlines say cas this and cas that. when was the last time you saw a jensen or jared interview about this season? or a dean or sam headline-there has been nothing. can you agree to that as well? peace!!

Comment by animal — May 8, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

19. To an extent, animal. As I said, Im not telling anyone not to complain or say anything negative about things about the show they genuinely don’t like. It’s purely the extremely antagonistic nature of the comments that I have a problem with. Wishing failure on the cast and crew of a new series just because Kripke is involved really struck me as a new low and worth mentioning.

I’m not thrilled with everything that has happened over the last two seasons. There has definitely been a lack of direction and focus in the myth arcs and general plots. Thing is though, I’m not sure that all of it was avoidable.

I seriously doubt that the lack of focus on Dean and Sam was entirely an error of the writers. I’m a writer myself and I can tell you that the very idea of having to write a show based around two characters, twenty-two episodes a year, every year, would eventually become near impossible. Sure, it worked well in the first few seasons, when there was still plenty of new ground to cover. Eventually though, two characters is not enough. You’re going to get to the point where you have said and done everything you possibly can with just those two leads and the answer is to either start repeating yourself or bring in some additional characters to help stoke the fire of creativity. If there has been less of the Winchesters it’s happened out of necessity rather than purely bad writing.

Now there HAS been some bad writing, as I’ve said, but I totally get the need to have the likes of Castiel and Bobby add some new dimension to the potential of the scripting. There was no way that they could have had it be all Dean and Sam at this point. If it hadn’t have been Castiel, it would have been someone else. Simple fact of writing a story over a long period of time.

Comment by Reality Check — May 8, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

20. I’m inclined to agree with Reality Check. Constructive criticism is one thing but constant complaining is another. Especially when it’s the same thing week in, week out. On the plus side, it seems to be the same few people repeating themselves and badmouthing Sera Gamble/Misha Collins/anyone who is not Jared or Jensen, so they’re not really representative of the fan base as a whole.

These people are clearly watching for J&J (they’ve said as much) and get resentful of anyone else “hogging” screen time. To be fair, story lines which focus on Dean and Sam looking into urban legends can only last so long and supporting characters need to be added to keep people interested and attract new viewers.

I’m not fixated on either Jared or Jensen (I just like the show’s premise) and am probably in the minority when it comes enjoying new people being thrown into the mix. Sure, I’ve liked some episodes more than others but surely if Supernatural causes so much anguish for not being exactly like it was in 2006, it would make more sense to just stop watching.

Comment by tjarv — May 8, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

21. @Reality Check You do realize that it was only ONE PERSON who said he hopes Kripke’s new show doesn’t do well. So you pretty much unloaded on everybody over something that only one person said. Personally I’m tired of people grouping all the fans into one category over what only one individual fan says just as much as some are tired of the “complaining” on here.

Comment by Kiki — May 8, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

22. Wish Krepki all the luck in the world. He created my favorite tv show and stayed with it for 5 years. He created the Winchesters so he’s a hero in my book. I’ll certainly give his new series a look. I just hope NBC doesn’t put it in the same timeslot as SPN–that would be awful.
    As for the negative: I’ve no deep interested commitment to Bobby, Cas or any of the other secondary characters and I don’t want the series to be about them. Don’t object to them as secondary characters, but I don’t watch for them and feel free to say so. Watch for J2 and a story about Dean and Sam–not Cas, not Bobby, not teen hero of the week, not aging genre star showcase, or bring-backs of former characters. Krepi created two compelling characters and I’d like to see their story going forward.

Comment by CaseyT — May 8, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

23. As I said, Kiki, the comment about hoping Kripke’s new show failed was simply the straw that broke the camel’s back. The final nail in the coffin, to use a more appropriate Supernatural idiom.

None of the first few comments were particularly nice in nature though. All were basically saying that they would not support Kripke’s new venture because of some perceived slight against SPN, and in truth, my original comment has been a long time in coming. It’s based on much more than the one example you have suggested.

Comment by Reality Check — May 8, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

24. reality check-if a writer can’t keep the focus on the two main characters they should not be writing. the fact that both the sam and dean characters -who are supposed to be heros-the best hunters the earth has-can’t figure out a darn thing or when they get in a fight -they can’t save themselves is ridiculous. the fact that the writers the last two season have turned the horror movie a week into a soap opera is just plain stupidity. they can’t write a horror movie with the devil??? come on-i see multple stories from that. dean and sam have lost thier manly hood=-pure and simple. and misha’s angel portrayal is way too feminine for me. thus spn lost most of the male audience. cas should be gone for good. and let the boys have thier manliness back. let them fight the next baddy for next season. and do thier own research again.

Comment by animal — May 8, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

25. #24 animal
    From your mouth to Carver’s ear. Let’s hope the show returns to being about the boys again.

Nothing against Kripke but the premise doesn’t interest me so I doubt I’ll check it out.

Comment by Jo1027 — May 8, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

26. Equating a person saying they choose not to watch a new series, in this case because Kripke copped out on something people had invested five years in, to wishing him bad luck for the rest of his life is a massive leap of imagination.

Seriously. Josh Whedon bailed on Angel to develop Firefly, and when he found Angel in trouble, he went back to try to save it, but it was too late. I laughed and laughed at him, because he blamed it on the network. That was so clever. I don’t hold it against him that he was developing new projects, because he was at least aware of his ongoing ones and held some loyalty to the fans.

I still follow Whedon projects. Loved Firefly, and Angel was just getting good again. TV critics generally agree that both of these shows were cancelled too soon.

I certainly see a need for support characters. I more often than not enjoy a support character much more than a lead. I do not like support characters that are given an inordinate amount of focus to the point where the two leads are wallpaper. That is a valid complaint, and that is a mistake that no showrunner or writer should make if they are competent.

In fact, when a support character becomes very popular, it’s seems to me that a spin-off series is made for that character. They don’t just take over a show, a season, or multiple seasons.

Comment by Sheri — May 8, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

27. I wish Kripke and J.J. Abrams good luck on the new show! I will check it out most definitely.

Comment by DeanSam1 — May 8, 2012 @ 6:25 pm

28. Very often posters assume they know reasons behind others’ comments.

A few here do know my reasons for things I say, but I’ll say it again.

I don’t personally wish Kripke any ill will. The reason I will not watch any of his future work is that I have no intention of becoming deeply invested in one of his stories and its characters — because I don’t want to be so deeply disappointed again.

Kripke’s creation of Supernatural was brilliant. He created a story with lots of elements I loved — two brothers traveling the back roads of Americana in a terrific classic car, exploring urban legends, fighting evil, saving people. It was personal; it was intimate. The music, the lighting, the direction, the relationship between the brothers — all wonderful.

The casting was a miracle. Jensen and Jared have terrific chemistry on screen; and I’ve never watched a better actor than Jensen. Kripke created two heroes, and I fell in love with them. They were as real as two fictional characters can get. I anticipated every new episode; I never missed them; my daughter and I planned our schedules around the episodes, cooked a great dinner, and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Watch the first Paley Festival panel for Supernatural, and listen closely to Eric when he talks about his show. Everything he said was gradually swept aside as the show went toward the fifth season. I am not talking about Sera Gamble or her management of the last two seasons. Just Kripke.

I believe that Kripke made a huge mistake when he began to follow fan comments online. I believe he was upset when comments were negative. He let it affect him. Worse, he let it affect his show.

When he began to introduce the meta to the show; when he actually named an online fan by his username in an episode; when he introduced Adam with the excuse that since he was already dead it would not interfere with the dynamic of Sam and Dean (and then made him a major, major player in the Season 5 finale); when he (as Chuck) addressed fans directly within the dialogue by blaming them and saying they would never be satisfied no matter what — he hurt the show.

He took his creation and crapped on it on the air. The show is the show. Not a vehicle to express displeasure with fans.

When I watch “Dead in the Water,” or “Nightshifters” or “Dead Man’s Blood” or “Faith” I’m still on the edge of my seat. To see what the show came down to just hurts my heart.

I’ve never been as invested in any other show I’ve ever watched. I’ve never cared this much about what happens to fictional characters.

I don’t care that Kripke introduced angels; I thought it was fine. But after the first few episodes with Castiel, I did not like the direction in which he developed the angel storyline, and I think he had too many of them.

I don’t need Sam and Dean in every second of every scene. I loved Ellen, Jo, Pamela, Ash, Missouri, Sarah Blake, Haley, Deputy Kathleen, Rufus, Bobby, Gordon, Hendrickson, etc. I hated it when they killed them off so needlessly, when they could have done so much with their characters. Secondary characters are important.

And I know Kripke did not have absolute power. He had to deal with forces; had to compromise and negotiate. He said he didn’t plan to send Dean to Hell but that the shortened Season 3, due to the writers’ strike, made him change his plans.

The introduction of TWO female regulars (Bela and Ruby) was forced by the network — that is, Ruby was Kripke’s idea and the CW, in its attempt to “CW-ize” the show, “asked” him to add another girl. So he took what was supposed to be a one-time character, Bela, and made her a regular. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he developed and wrote her character so badly just to spite the network so he could get rid of her after one season, which he did.

The lighting is noticeably brighter beginning with the 3rd season, also at the network’s command. Regarding the lighting change, this is a quote from the late, terribly missed Kim Manners: “It pleased the network; it did not please us.”

Yes, other people dabbled their fingers in Kripke’s pie. But he could have recovered from that and treated his wonderful story better than he did. I think, at the end, he just stopped caring about it.

So when I see Dean Winchester walking around so frequently in a suit, without his ring, without his amulet, or driving some ridiculous car, not listening to classic rock, not eating cheeseburgers but sitting at a table with tablecloths, pulling an angel’s finger in anticipation of hearing what he thinks will follow — I’m tempted to go searching through the Supernatural writers’ room to find out where they have buried my beloved characters.

Not gonna give Kripke a chance to do it to me again. Don’t hate him, don’t trust him. He disappointed me.

None of this diatribe has anything at all to do with Sera and Season 6/7. That would be another long post.

Comment by bestshowfan — May 8, 2012 @ 8:38 pm

29. After reading that, I’ll make an edit — my paragraph about watching the guys in suits, eating at a restaurant with tablecloths, pulling the angel finger — yes, that’s recent.

So let me rephrase: When Dean and Sam become characters who really don’t seem to love each other any more — when one chokes the other one nearly to death — when one has sex with an angel and another has sex with a demon — when a third brother steps into the circle of the relationship between the boys — when Dean Winchester walks down a staircase in a tux for no good reason other than to give an “ah” moment to fans — when Dean becomes stupid (enter Bela) — when Sam loses any common sense he ever had (enter Ruby, again and again) — when Chuck/Kripke/God becomes a recurring character — when a caricature of a slash fan becomes a recurring character — when the Winchester boys become the subject of a convention — when the death of a character has no meaning and loses its suspense because it keeps happening — when an awesome angel of the Lord who is inhabiting the body of a married man fidgets like a virgin and gets a trip to a cathouse — it just makes me sad and sick. Sick and sad. S&S.

Comment by bestshowfan — May 8, 2012 @ 8:52 pm

30. @ Reality Check:

I see where you’re coming from with your post #7 (and honestly, I’m inclined to agree with that), but I try to think that people get upset and then sometimes don’t really know what they’re writing.

This may sound condescending, people may think that I accuse them of mental incapacity (which I don’t – just to make it clear), but it allows me to read their posts with a minimum of irritation.

Some people here indeed just keep repeating themselves. I don’t know for sure as to why they’re doing it because… well, if they really want the staff of Supernatural to change anything, maybe they should put their efforts into writing them a letter instead of haunting a site that, despite its obvious address (supernatural.tv), doesn’t even seem to possess a halfway decent discussion platform – and, no, personally I don’t consider a comment section to be a decent ground for discussion.

Chances are that none of the people responsible for mess that is Supernatural read these posts. And if they did, if for example a network executive actually came here, I think it’s well within the realm of possibility that he (or she) could interpret the prevalent negativity in most of the posts as the fans’ demand to just drop the show.

(I’ve made the experience that huge companies sometimes tend to think like that.)

Alright, that’s all I can think of right now. All complaints and letter bombs to me.

Comment by Aero — May 8, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

31. @Aero You could say the same thing about posters who repeatedly complain about complaining. In fact, I think it’s worse because it doesn’t contribute to any kind of discussion and as you can see only causes worthless arguments. Even if fans are complaining…well who cares that’s what fans do on the internet. If tortures some people so much, they don’t have to read them.

I imagine many of the posters repeat the same complaints is because they show up more and more in every single episode. Hard to stop talking about it if the problem gets worse. Not to mention most people usually come on here to rant or to hear what others have to say (but apparently not everyone).

Network execs wouldn’t come to the fan sites. They care nothing about what the fans think, they only care about money and ratings and they certainly won’t discontinue a show because they see some disgruntled fans despite decent ratings. I don’t really think the writers care what the fans what anymore to be honest. They seem to want to write the show the way they want despite the fans as many writers do.

I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again. Everyone just voices their opinion here plain and simple. They don’t care if they’re complaining too much or being negative. They just want to give their two cents. It’s wrong to tell them they can’t simply because you don’t like it. So really just drop it already please.

Comment by Sara — May 8, 2012 @ 10:33 pm

32. The question was: Are you excited that next season there will be two shows created by Kripke on TV?

Posts 1 thru 6 were comments responding to that question. It wasn’t until Post #7, a post complaining about complainers, that turned the discussion (i.e., comments) away from the question. Also note that there is nothing in Post #7 that indicates whether or not that poster is excited to have another Kripke show to watch.

Comment by Sheri — May 9, 2012 @ 2:51 am

33. I will wish EK luck on his new T.V. Shows but in the End, he will always be rememberred for his successful Supernatural series.

I can understand him wanting to branch out and be successful on other networks and with his other ideas.

Still EK should not have abadonned his SPN Ship…after 5 yrs. He said he was going to because he had a 5 yrs plan, but in 2005 when SPN aired I recall,.. EK saying he had enough stories in his briefcase for Supernatural to last like 10yrs. So I don’t know what happenned with that?

I also rememberred EK doing the psychic kids stories on SPN then after 1 yr of it ,he got rid of all the psyched kids exccept Sam. It seems to me like EK is a moody Showrunner who when fed up with his ideas …rips them, kills them, changes them and eventually Exits.

Comment by ozzie — May 9, 2012 @ 3:23 am

34. Reality Check @17, At this point all I have to say is I have no time for, pompous, self important jack asses who think it is there place to judge others and tell them what they should be doing in a public forum. We’re not here to serve your needs but our own so, in the lingo of my day, up yours.

Comment by Haley 56 — May 9, 2012 @ 8:44 am

35. @Sara

Again, and as I’ve said several times now, I’m not ‘complaining about complaining’. I’m not complaining at all, as such. I’m stating something that I believe to be true, which is that the style of complaint around here has become nasty, spiteful and vitriolic, to a ridiculous degree. Take that as a complaint if you wish but all I’m really doing is telling it how it is. More to the point, I’m doing this once. After this thread dies down, you won’t hear from me again. I won’t keep coming back, week after week, getting gradually more obnoxious with my repetitive whining. I’ll have said what I think and be happy to leave it at that.

To answer your question though, yes, I’m looking forward to this new show a great deal. The fact it’s on NBC isn’t giving me high hopes for it’s success but I’m hoping that it’ll do well.

@Haley 56

I’d point out the irony of what you just said, but I fear it may be lost on you. Regardless, your choice of reaction to what I’ve said only serves to prove my point, so apparently you ARE here to serve my needs. Yet more irony.

Begs the question though… if I’m pompous and self important for daring to judge you (in a public forum, which means that apparently it’s my right to say whatever the hell I like, regardless of who I might offend… as is the way around here…) then what does that make you? Surely a case of pot, kettle and black, wouldn’t you say?

Comment by Reality Check — May 9, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

36. Reality Check, @35 You didn’t judge me you judged the character of every one who criticizes Supernatural.

“I’ve never known such a nasty group of spiteful, self-entitled so-called fans”

“I’m not sure where it began but the Supernatural fandom has become rotten at the core, full of people who do nothing put complain and whine, not happy unless they are being obnoxious toward either one of the writers, one of the actors or even each other.”

“I’m stating something that I believe to be true, which is that the style of complaint around here has become nasty, spiteful and vitriolic, to a ridiculous degree. Take that as a complaint if you wish but all I’m really doing is telling it how it is.”

If you don’t think these insults aren’t vitriolic I suggest you look the word up in the dictionary. You fired the first shot. If I’m the pot calling the kettle black for returning fire what are you for lumping all critical people in a group and hurtling such venom at them and calling it fact. Time for you to do a reality check. How you see us is your point of view not fact.

Firing vile insults at people for insulting other people is absurd but calling someone the pot calling the kettle black for returning in kind is ludicrous.

Comment by Haley 56 — May 9, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

37. ‘You fired the first shot.’

How could I possibly have been the one to fire the first show when I waited months (probably years) before I said anything. How was I first when everything that I’m supposedly complaining about happened before my supposed complaint? Might want to borrow that dictionary back there, Haley. ‘First’ is under ‘F’…

And no, to yet again clarify to you and anyone else missing my (I thought fairly obvious) point, I’m NOT commenting on every Supernatural fan. I’m not commenting on everyone who criticises the show either. I applaud constructive comments, whether they are positive or negative. My comments are directed specifically towards the people who take it that step too far. The ones who are continuously rude, obnoxious and overly nasty towards the show and the people involved in making it happen. This I have made abundantly clear. or so I thought…

The ‘nasty group’ I mentioned earlier, those that I think have made the SPN fandom ‘rotten at the core’, in fact the subjects of all the parts of my previous comments you quoted in your last post, are the minority that go too far. The bad apples in an otherwise really great bunch of people. I’m saying nothing about the SPN fanbase as a whole, and again, neither do I have an issue with constructive criticism. Just the nasty vocal minority.

So if you want to continue attempting to hide the truth of what I’m saying behind behind your continued attacks on me, go ahead. Trust me, I won’t care. I’m certain that the majority of people who continue to comment on this site (those that largely share your view, no doubt) will agree with you. Again, not a problem. Those with a slightly clearer view on the matter will see the truth and know that what I’m saying is fact, rather than ‘vitriolic opinion’. Good enough for me.

Comment by Reality Check — May 11, 2012 @ 2:22 am

38. Reality Check, I’ve had enough of these arguments with people who think their opinions are fact. Don’t care, can’t be bothered, bored. Discussion over.

Comment by Haley 56 — May 11, 2012 @ 8:27 am

39. I just want to say that my wish for Krips new show to fail so that he can return to SPN was a complement to the work that he has done on SPN 1-5 and that wishing his return would elevate the show back to it’s glory.

Comment by N-D's — May 11, 2012 @ 9:10 am

40. I’ve seen the nastiness of the fandom Reality Check and NONE of them are on here. Like a couple of the Destiel fans who wished that Jared’s son was born with Down’s syndrome. I think you need to read the first few comments again, most of the people only expressed disappointment with how he left Supernatural and they have no interest in his new show. You’re overreacting.

Comment by Sara — May 11, 2012 @ 9:53 am

41. Just a reminder. According to the forum’s terms of service:

We hope those visiting the site and leaving comments enjoy the show and are devoted fans. However, we will not block users or delete comments based on the sole fact that they are negative toward the show, its characters, actors or writers.

If comments are made to attack our users we reserve the right to terminate an account without notice.

Obviously personally attacking others like calling them “vicious” or insulting their intelligence is much worse than offering a negative opinion on one of the show’s producers.

Comment by Kiki — May 11, 2012 @ 10:17 am

42. Big congrats, Kripke. I wish you the very best.

Comment by Johno — May 11, 2012 @ 11:10 am

43. 2 kripke show, nice, congrats, im open to give the other new show a try, althought a post apocaliptic title has quite a predictable out come, i hope the ingridients on its recipe is as unique as the 1st 5 seasons of supernatural,..

I have to agree that Supernatural season 6-7 didnt quite do justice to me, i didnt get the Horror that i craved when i first watched it( Lights turned off on the edge of my seat watching in the dark) and correct deliverance of the the little humors in between.

And maybe its just me. But the Leviathans? really? I know its a fictional character but without a good background research this character is mediocre to me, it dont have any horror element in it, it doesnt have a strong foundation, if you look up leviathan its actually a sea monster, one of the seven princes of hell not from purgatory. So compared to the normal ghost, demons,vampire, warewolf or a wicked scary clown it doesnt have its proper placement in the Supernatural fiction storyline.

Comment by ken — May 12, 2012 @ 3:08 am

44. I’m super psyched about Revolution. Just saw the trailer, and it looks great. I’m excited to see what he does with a female heroine. That’s always been my one small grip about Supernatural, very male dominated. I’m hoping the sassy redhead hacker returns in season 8. Love her!

Comment by moriahskies — May 13, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

45. God bless you, Sara and Sheri. Kripke really annoyed me with his A.D.D. and his thin skinned little boy tantrum about he couldn’t figure out what the fans wanted. He supposedly had a play book and if he really believed in it and followed it showing any kind of leadership, the fans would have followed to the end of the world. (Pun intended.)

But the day, I went from annoyed to an active hatred was his pathic display at Paley, comparing the Amulet to a diva. It took away all doubt that Swan Song was nothing but a big F.U. to the fans and did it for no other reason that that he could. I just loathe the little weasel.

I wish him nothing but the plagues of Egypt and failure thru out the rest of his life. Extreme? Maybe, but everyone has to have a hobby.

No, I will never watch anything ever that has EK or SG name attached of it ever.

P.S Kiddies, the Impala is gone just like the Amulet and don’t think either is coming back because they are as one poster put it, the boys are wallpaper so anything that is important to their character are gone this is another F.U. to the fans.

Comment by Lugilla Brown — May 15, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

46. @45-yea the impala is coming back-it’s in the season 7 finale.

Comment by animal — May 16, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

47. i hate to say it but i agree , SPN has lost its badass touch , the whole dick roman thing was just stupid and dragged out, i thought castiel was gonna kick some but instead he’s running around playing twister and askin people to pull his finger , i don’t know who’s fault it is but jesus fix the show, like the good old days of two brothers kickin ass and racin down the road with the classic tunes crankin , this last season was very dissapointing …..think u guys should rewatch season one over n over till you get it !!!

Comment by kmd — May 19, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

48. I know this is totally oof subject but whats up with season 8 so many stories can still bewritten just think of all the anchient cultures and there gods and demons i do believe bring that brotherly connection between sam and dean was what made the show special think jesus andgod himself havent been involved and they are the most powerful players and please stop showing lucifer as a drunken truck driver show him as the evil being he realy is when will season 8 start

Comment by jweil — May 21, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

49. I was slightly disappointed with seasons 6 and 7, sure, but they had some good episodes in them nonetheless. I wish Kripke all the best in his new ventures, but this doesn’t look like my cup of tea so I’ll pass. But I really don’t think Kripke deserves all the hate you guys are giving him. He did create this amazing show, and he did say he planned SPN to be a five-season show. The network wanted to renew it, and Kripke’s well might have run dry. So cut him some slack, guys.

I just want SPN to return to its Kripke/Manners days and hopefully Carver will steer it back in the right direction in season 8. SPN has always been about Sam and Dean, and them fighting exotic evil and the like. The Leviathans are annoying and seems like just another plot driver. Side characters – don’t really care for them. So let’s just go back to developing the Winchesters’ storyline already.

Comment by Raven — July 10, 2012 @ 12:24 am

50. This looks really fantastic good! Do you guarantee a success?

Comment by Geir Pedersen — July 16, 2012 @ 7:09 am

51. Will i be able to achieve as much as you guys?

Comment by Pete Thomsson — July 16, 2012 @ 7:25 am

52. You already know thus considerably on the subject of this topic, made me individually consider it from a lot of various angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated except it is one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. At all times maintain it up!

Comment by status — July 29, 2012 @ 3:06 pm