‘Supernatural’ Officially Renewed for Season 9

No need to fear, fans, the CW has officially renewed Supernatural for season 9! Yup, the incredibly early pick-up is a sign of just how strong the show is.

And if you’re interested, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow were also renewed.

News posted on February 11, 2013 Comments (30)

1. Yay Season 9!! I am SO excited by this. I have to admit my interest was waning slightly with S6 and S7 – especially as the brothers seemed to be growing further apart which, for me, ruined the dynamics of the show’s purpose. I absolutely applaud Jeremy Carver for turning the show around. He had a tough job and some of the episodes at the start of S8 weren’t very encouragable. But this new story line with the Men of Letters is VERY exciting and the Bat Cave is totally cool! It’s great the boys have a home base where they can really relax and feel safe – so long as what Henry Winchester said was true – that it was secure against demons and angels alike. Ben Edlund – as always – did a fantastic eppi with Everyone Hates Hitler. I cannot wait now for the next episode and the one after that and the one after that and the….. I hope Jensen and Jared are equally as thrilled to be picked up for anothe year. For the fans it’s great but I do sometimes think that these two highly tallented actors have spent (perhaps) the most productive years of their acting life in one series. I know they have each done other things whilst carrying on with Supernatural but I sometimes wonder if they don’t feel a little tied down playing the same characters for so long. I hope not. We are entering a new phase of Supernatural and things are looking very, very good. Well done to everyone who has worked so hard to make Supernatural endure.

Comment by Imp67 — February 11, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

2. I also hope J2 does not feel tied down or otherwise weary of playing these parts….I get the feeling sometimes that they do feel that way….maybe it’s the writing…but Sam and Dean seem less intense lately…the actors seem less invested (please no one shoot me)!

Comment by MEG — February 11, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

3. i think the show has been rejuvenated and i bet the boys will feel that way as well, if not already. i think the mol storyline has opened up the show to a whole new world….and i think j2, while they may enjoy the occasional conflict, might just be glad to be back out of melodrama and back to the brothers being brothers again.

yet that’s how i feel so i could very well be transferring my feelings…lol

all i know is that this is the best news i’ve had all snowy weekend….i will now be smiling for the rest of the week.

Comment by annan — February 11, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

4. @Meg, probably the writing. They re-signed last year for two more seasons (current season and season 9). They could have said goodbye after Season 7 and didn’t.

Comment by CS — February 11, 2013 @ 12:57 pm

5. This brought a big SMILE to a rather gloomy day. No matter how miserable the seasons can be I love Dean and Sam and I would miss them very much if they were gone from tv.

Comment by SL — February 11, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

6. Woo hoo!!

Comment by Ann — February 11, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

7. Well I’m SUPERHAPPY! Its one of my very favorite shows-and always will be. It may not always be perfect but I wouldn’t miss a show and I’ve loved the series since I found it in the beginning of Season One-there’s just too many good things that outweigh the bad in the show. And I really don’t think all the people involved with the show would’ve stuck around this long if they didn’t love their job. And I, and obviously many other people think they do a wonderful job. I’ll NEVER STOP WATCHING! I’d love to go to Vegas for that party!!! It sounds like they have a blast! Just like regular people…THANKS SUPERNATURAL!

Comment by Tammyw — February 11, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

8. I’m curious to see how the show will play out if they manage to close the gates of hell at the end of this one.

Maybe we’ll see some more monster of the week episodes? I like those. I also like the plot episodes, but I feel we’ve been getting too many of those since season 4

Comment by brx — February 11, 2013 @ 2:53 pm

9. Woo hoo!!

Comment by Anette — February 11, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

10. Yay for Arrow! Love that show!

Comment by Lisa1 — February 11, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

11. How nice to know early this year. No agonizing wait in the spring. Very happy fan.

Comment by inky — February 11, 2013 @ 5:06 pm

12. @CS

The guys are actually signed up for a further two seasons after this one, taking it up to season 10, should the CW renew again next year.

Comment by The Other Dean — February 11, 2013 @ 5:15 pm

13. Supernatural will last until season 10 just like Smallville did ,then it will be the real Swan Song and Arrow will continue with TVD ‘s as the CW’s 1 & 2 hot sci-fi shows.

Comment by ozzie — February 11, 2013 @ 6:19 pm

14. Yay! No surprise here! I was betting that the network had already renewed Supernatural for season 9 & was keeping it secret til now! Can’t wait to see where they go with the hell gates and tablets arc the next couple of seasons!

Comment by Mindy — February 11, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

15. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! does happy dance

Another year of the Winchester Brothers = Love

Comment by squidgy — February 12, 2013 @ 4:55 am

16. @8

I seriously doubt they’re gonna close the gates of hell this season. The more likely outcome would be that the cliffhanger this season is that they end up closing the gates of heaven and the bros have to deal with demons with no angel assistance whatsoever aside from Cass.

Or if they do close the gates of hell, that would be mega mistake IMO. Supernatural with no demons is like… well I got no words for it.

Comment by muub — February 12, 2013 @ 6:56 am

17. Best News ever..Yes Supernatural’ early renewal for a 9th season just came out as a light of sunshine to the gloomy clouds…As I was feeling under the weather lately I am now more than ever recharged and over the moon…Yes that’s what I am talking about…Supernatural is at its best and doing so well especially this season..I was pretty sure that it’s getting renewed but not that early ..It’s all good and can’t it any more excited to hear this excellent news !! Go for it boys.. Well done Jensen & Jared !! You are the best Winchester Bros ever and will remain so for many more years in the future??Hopefully cos I just don’t want it to end ..As long as my two gorgeous boys Jared & Jensen are here I am happy and very much alive..Long live Supernatural!!HURRRRAAAAYYYYY!!! YOUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII……

Comment by raiko — February 12, 2013 @ 8:35 am

18. Best News ever..Yes Supernatural’ early renewal for a 9th season just came out as a light of sunshine to the gloomy clouds…As I was feeling under the weather lately I am now more than ever recharged and over the moon…Yes that’s what I am talking about…Supernatural is at its best and doing so well especially this season..I was pretty sure that it’s getting renewed but not that early ..It’s all good and can’t any more excited to hear this excellent news !! Go for it boys.. Well done Jensen & Jared !! You are the best Winchester Bros ever and will remain so for many more years in the future??Hopefully cos I just don’t want it to end ..As long as my two gorgeous boys Jared & Jensen are here I am happy and very much alive..Long live Supernatural!!HURRRRAAAAYYYYY!!! YOUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII……

Comment by raiko — February 12, 2013 @ 8:35 am

19. Great, what a happy day – another year with the Winchesters – I’m really excited!!

Comment by Sandy — February 12, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

20. Yay!!!!!! Very excited!!!!

Comment by Kara — February 12, 2013 @ 1:14 pm

21. I am a videotron subscriber and the CW is not provided. We’ve been watching Supernatural on Space channel. Will Space continue to show season 9??

Comment by Kim — February 12, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

22. Great News

Comment by CaseyT — February 12, 2013 @ 4:37 pm

23. And the villagers rejoice!

Comment by t1gerlilly — February 12, 2013 @ 4:46 pm

24. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by mj — February 12, 2013 @ 4:59 pm

25. Yay!I agree with u #7, Love me some supernatural and J2

Comment by pkl53 — February 13, 2013 @ 9:06 am

26. This to me is great news. I have been watching Supernatural from the beginning & still LOVE it ! I think each character brings there own uniqueness to the story & I have no complaints. Well, I do miss Bobby. Sniff. I hope the upcoming seasons keep the brothers close in there relationship, Castiel as a great friend who appears in the story and more “simple” monster hunting episodes tucked in here and there. Keep up the AWESOME job!

Comment by Fan — March 2, 2013 @ 1:22 pm

27. It’s difficult to find experienced people about this subject, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks

Comment by The web’s premiere DJ community — March 7, 2013 @ 12:22 am

28. Hello Dear, are you truly visiting this website on
    a regular basis, if so after that you will definitely obtain fastidious experience.

Comment by www.ibosocial.com — April 25, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

29. I am really inspired together with your writing skills as well as with the format on
    your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it your self?
    Anyway stay up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to peer a great weblog like this one
    today..

Comment by keyword research — April 27, 2013 @ 10:25 pm

30. Generally I don’t read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice article.

Comment by hair removal men reviews — June 29, 2013 @ 2:17 pm