“Remember the Titans” Video Clip

Get ready for a Greek-heavy episode as Sam and Dean once again tangle with the gods. And be sure to savor it since the show is taking a three-week break following next week’s episode.

News posted on February 21, 2013 Comments (25)

1. I’d be interested in learning more about the pagan gods in Supernatural lore.
    I figure that they were either created as stewards by god or the angels to watch over the world (and went rogue), or they are simply symptoms of creation, that god didn’t bother removing.
    Also, they all seem to have a thing for eating human flesh. This unifying characteristic makes me think they might be a whole other type of monster (so far we’ve got descendants of Eve, spirits, mages, and angels). Hopefully they, too, aren’t Eve-spawn. I liked the Eve/Leviathan storyline, but I think that their influence has gone just far enough.

Comment by brx — February 21, 2013 @ 6:39 pm

2. Looks interesting!

Comment by Lisa1 — February 21, 2013 @ 7:52 pm

3. Looks great, I’m not a fan of “god-monsters” episode but this one with greek mythology looks packed with action. Besides, whoever wrote this article got it wrong, it’s not a break of three weeks but two, since we’re in February and the month ends the 28th.

Comment by damn — February 21, 2013 @ 11:11 pm

4. First, how’d they get the guy from the Men’s Wearhouse commercials to be Zeus?! hahah! I know it isn’t really him, but he likes the way he looks. Secondly, I really wanna see/hear more music in the show like we used to. Like the episode SKIN where the shifter is changing shapes in the alley. If we’re going to bring be at least trying to be old school let’s do it!

Comment by Burksatron — February 22, 2013 @ 4:44 am

5. I have to be honest, as much as I want to believe this episode will be interesting & maybe further the myth arc, I have my doubts. First of all, since when has Supernatural ever had a a good track record introducing greek/pagan gods? All the ones that come to mind ended up being really weak in terms of plausibility/general pacing, and were typically some of my least favorite episodes in the entire series (ie-Hammer of the Gods, the Paris Hilton one, Defending Your Life?). Hopefully, this episode will prove me wrong but it still looks to be filler at best (with maybe some juicy tidbits thrown in).

Comment by Mindy — February 22, 2013 @ 10:44 am

6. A supernatural christmas was really good and it was about Pagan gods. SO there is hope and Greek gods are way cooler than Pagan gods anyway.

Comment by AW — February 22, 2013 @ 11:56 am

7. Well, they seem to have a number of competing gods, so hopefully there’ll be some illuminating dialogue.
    And if this is indeed Prometheus (the vultures story was too literal. Who knew?), who gave humanity fire, elucidating his crime could give us lots of juicy lore. Unless he literally just gave humanity a burning stick. That would be boring.

Comment by brx — February 22, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

8. Why do I get a feeling that the CW is using Carver to create a spinoff from SPN…like Artemis /female Arrow.??????????????????

Comment by ozzie — February 22, 2013 @ 7:57 pm

9. well i always said they are going to give cas a spin off-however pedowitz said that cas doesn’t have enough substance to make a whole show out of.

Comment by animal — February 23, 2013 @ 7:19 am

10. I’d love a spinoff. More Supernatural. Hopefully it’ll be made by the same people, and there won’t be any lore divergences.
    I mean, we all like Angel, right?

Comment by brx — February 23, 2013 @ 7:29 am

11. Congrats to the Ackles on news they are having a baby girl. Aaaw! A princess.

Comment by ozzie — February 23, 2013 @ 10:04 am

12. yes!!! congrats to danneel and jensen. danneel sounded wonderfully happy on her twitter when she announced that they were having a girl!!. babygirl ackles and baby thomas gonna have some fun growing up together with the fathers they have.

Comment by animal — February 23, 2013 @ 6:30 pm

13. I will skip this eppie after seeing the promo ,then wait 4 weeks for new SPN episodes. Not interested in seeing Carver promote his female ARROW and keep the brothers in the background…again.

Comment by ozzie — February 25, 2013 @ 4:39 am

14. lol, srsly?
    They barely mention her in the promo, and you’re boycotting the episode?

Comment by brx — February 25, 2013 @ 5:54 am

15. Hopefully they at least mention the amazons the Winchesters ran into back in season seven.

Comment by Jake — February 25, 2013 @ 8:45 am

16. @brx(#1) – I doubt the show will ever directly cover such a topic because it’s a bit beyond scope.

@damn(#3) – I actually liked most of the episodes with gods. They’ve covered that without their followers, they’re not as strong as they once were. As far as them being easy to kill, I wouldn’t really agree. It took Lucifer, which in Supernatural terms is the most powerful creature they have tried to take on (note I said tried to take on as Death is arguably more powerful but they didn’t actually try to fight him), to do anything to the ones in Hammer of the Gods. And the christmas one was entertaining.

@Burksatron(#4) – The reason you hear less real music is because of the expense of the licensing. As the show goes on, the actors and crew all make more. And ratings inevitably decrease. This means that the longer a show lasts, the more they have to do with less money. The music costs a lot, particularly when it comes to DVD distribution. And with a decline in dvd sales, they have to factor that in now. I miss the music too but I know that it’s not going to come back other than maybe for some special parts of special episodes, if they ever have any again.

@ozzie(#13) – Sounds like you could use a break from the show in general. When it stops being just entertainment, time to move on. And they wouldn’t be using Supernatural as a backdoor pilot for an Arrow spin-off. Having additional characters has always been part of the show. If it was just Sam and Dean in the Impala all of the time, it would be boring as hell.

Comment by mythos — February 25, 2013 @ 10:14 am

17. I think if anything their will be a Men of Letters spin off, with occassional appearances from the refounding fathers of the MoL ie:Sam and Dean in a leaders/teachers role at the head of the organization. I would watch that.

Comment by AW — February 25, 2013 @ 10:35 am

18. I am actually gonna skip all of season 9…because Carver has not given me a reason for Sam never looking for Dean . If Carver does not reveal why Sam never looked for Dean ..then I ‘am done with SPN forever.

I don’t see every episode …believe me. I skipped ”Bitten”..then when I saw it a few days later at others urging …I regretted it..when I did…Sam & Dean were M.I.A

Season 8 is much better than seasons 6 and 7 were ..believe me…and Yes there have always been chracters to help the Sam and Dean stories come along the way…but their stories never over shadowed the brothers stories.

Purgatory in my opinion was more about Benny the Vamp …then Dean coming back. Also until season 8 ..there was never two episodes named after a character like KEVIN b4.

Comment by ozzie — February 25, 2013 @ 10:56 am

19. He never looked for Dean because Purgatory is nigh inaccessible without a lunar eclipse, and it’s not like Death would be willing to make another one for old times’ sake.
    Moreover, they’ve always told each other to move on should they fall in combat. So this time, that’s what Sam did. Because he’s tired of hunting. Because he thought that’s what Dean would have wanted.
    It’s not a big secret, and the show has covered it already. Sam didn’t look for Dean because he couldn’t and because he wanted to get on with his life.

Comment by brx — February 25, 2013 @ 11:16 am

20. No, there has been no rational reason given for Sam not even blinking an eye to go look for his brother. None at all. And if roles had been reversed and Dean had not taken a single second to look for Sam he would have been lynched on this site already.

The writers are inept fools and this character assassination will never be rationally explained because it can’t be: The only reason Sam would not have attempted to find his brother is if Sam, himself, was dead.

Hey, with the lousy way the character has been written all season, perhaps Sam is dead.

Comment by SL — February 25, 2013 @ 11:57 am

21. well ozzie-i am with you about season 9- just saw that misha has been signed as a regular for season 9- i am not playing that angel game again. did it in season 5-hated it. so my time as an spn fan is going to go pretty quickly here. this weeks episode-then benny’s episode -then i am done. i am OUT!

Comment by animal — February 25, 2013 @ 2:35 pm

22. Good riddance to you both, then. Hopefully you’ll also stop stinking up these boards with your negativity.

Comment by brx — February 25, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

23. I dont consider myself a negative person.I more a Js fan than SpA fan. I just happy that Jensen s gonna be a father that will make me happy all summer.

Comment by ozzie — February 25, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

24. my new wednesday line up will be instead of arrow/supernatural, it will be dragons-riders of berk -which i will watch with my daughter, and then ghost hunters. i watched that before supernatural on wednesdays-so i guess i am going back!!!

Comment by animal — February 25, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

25. I wonder if Collins directing in 9 ..will be ..because Jensen won’t be able too…since his baby girl is due in Summertime? I also wonder if Collins being made A regular is to fill in attimes for an M.I.A Jensen …being at home with his baby and Daneel.??? That would make sense .

Comment by ozzie — February 25, 2013 @ 5:37 pm