Spin-Off Character Details Revealed

TVLine has obtained the breakdown for several new characters who will be introduced in the backdoor pilot for Supernatural: Tribes, the show’s potential spin-off. Keep reading for the details.

The show will star a young African-American male named Ennis whose life is turned upside-down when someone close to him dies at the hands of a monster. Sam and Dean show up to inform him about Hunters and he becomes one. He will be the main character of the spin-off.

Also of note is that, in this world of Chicago, the city is ruled by five monster families, including werewolves and shifters. There’s even a Romeo and Juliet subplot of love between a werewolf and a shifter.

Click HERE for the complete descriptions of all the characters.

News posted on February 2, 2014 Comments (10)

1. So by “spin-off” they mean “only the barest resemblance or connection to the Supernatural world.”

Pretty sure the monsters on SPN don’t form mafia-like organizations and control cities.

Comment by G-dawg — February 2, 2014 @ 7:22 pm

2. Well, if you look at the vampires and demons, I wouldn’t be surprised if other monsters could garner a good deal of influence with their powers and longevity.

Comment by brx — February 2, 2014 @ 8:06 pm

3. If it was up to me I would have set the series in the American Southwest like the first season had planned to. I would have also had a female lead on a motorcycle with a Led Zeppelin T-shirt, but maybe that’s something only I want to see. I think this would also keep Supernatural’s blue collar roots which is a big part of the show’s charm. Urban monsters, cops, is this going to be a bad X-Files knock off that borrows from the gangster movies?

I agree with @G-dawg , I’m not sure this idea really works with the established mythology. I love the lore supernatural has created but I don’t know if this is really the best venue to expand it.

Comment by James Hetfield — February 3, 2014 @ 3:56 pm

4. Uugh. So it’s really about monster mobs? With extremely young, photogenic, hormonal monsters? I don’t think this show is really aimed at the SPN audience. Probably more like the TVD audience. I’m also not sure why Sam and Dean wouldn’t do something about these monster families ruling a major city, instead of telling some neophyte and then skipping off.

Comment by jackie — February 3, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

5. Not really sure it fits with either Sam or Dean’s mentality lately anyway. Wouldn’t they be *discouraging* people from becoming hunters?

Comment by G-dawg — February 4, 2014 @ 4:43 am

6. How un-original!! The CW already has a show like this. Coincidentally, it’s called “The Originals.”

Comment by JJA — February 4, 2014 @ 11:21 am

7. Wtf? Way to waste an opportunity.

Comment by Justme — February 4, 2014 @ 7:15 pm

8. This sounds like an episode that was done on Angel. I just don’t get it. This doesn’t fit with the series.

Comment by Mailer — February 5, 2014 @ 12:49 pm

9. I think it’s a bad idea…mainly because Sam&Dean never encourage peolple to become a hunter.

Comment by Supernatural-Mum — February 15, 2014 @ 4:51 pm

10. Very soon this site will be famous among all blogging and
    site-building viewers, due to it’s pleasant posts

Comment by Watch Reign Season 1 Episode 21 Online Long Live the King Full — May 8, 2014 @ 1:11 pm