‘Supernatural’ Spin-Off Is Dead

Good news to everyone who didn’t like the spin-off episode “Bloodlines.” It’s not going to be a series.

The CW has picked up four new shows for next season, but Bloodlines isn’t one of them. The spin-off is dead, which means all focus will be back on the original Supernatural next season.

News posted on May 8, 2014 Comments (19)

1. Aaw, that sucks. I’m sure they could have improved the show if they took some time. More Supernatural would have been awesome.

I hope Star Crossed isn’t dead. That show is damn good.

Comment by brx — May 8, 2014 @ 11:35 am

2. I’m not sorry, it wasn’t good.
    Sorry BRX, I read that Star Crossed is also cancelled.

Comment by Diana — May 8, 2014 @ 12:14 pm

3. No surprise. This is a good decision. Before it even aired, the CW was having second thoughts — as they well should. It may have looked good on paper, but it wasn’t good, the characters were ill-conceived, and the casting was awful.

Comment by Sheri — May 8, 2014 @ 2:40 pm

4. It was HORRIBLE. Glad it is dead.

Comment by SL — May 8, 2014 @ 3:57 pm

5. Agreed. I feel sorry for all the people who worked on the pilot, but I’m glad the world has been made safe from “Bloodlines.”

Comment by JT — May 8, 2014 @ 7:42 pm

6. DAMN I’m so relieved, even though I wouldn’t have watched it.

Comment by damn — May 9, 2014 @ 3:57 am

7. GREAT news. I couldn’t even watch the entire episode and that never happened to me before. What the hell were they thinking? It was garbage for teenagers.

Comment by emmanuel — May 9, 2014 @ 4:55 am

8. It was awful and CW made the right call, and this means the showrunner and writers have more reason to keep SPN going. Only drawback is that Dabb will remain with SPN. Now,give J2 more input into how the series will play out in an exciting final season 10, snd give them an incentive to at least think about taking it longer.

Comment by CaseyT — May 9, 2014 @ 6:37 am

9. Good. Bloodlines would be most definitely DOA. And Dabb is not the most brilliant writer but who knows if replacement would be better? At least he is not new to show and somewhat aware of what’s going on. May be now writers will be more appreciative to their current project and to Js because its not their crappy writing what holding this show on air.
    I’ve seen in one of the M&G blogs that JA was asked about stepping in as a producer in coming season. His response was that they do have enough influence on production part as is and actors get usually producers credits as a legal way to get a pay raise when budget for salary has reach its top. So here we go.

Comment by AAA — May 9, 2014 @ 6:58 am

10. THANKS GOD! this Bloodlines issue is solved ;-)
    I’m glad its not chosen bcz if Bloodlines was chosen, it was kinda like CW wasting an entire hour on nothing ;-p

Comment by Warah — May 9, 2014 @ 7:34 am

11. Good. I’m glad. It was too much like The Originals

Comment by angel67 — May 9, 2014 @ 10:44 am

12. “Now,give J2 more input into how the series will play out in an exciting final season 10″ I’m not so sure that’s a great idea. Jared has said repeatedly that he wants them to die at the end of the show…a meaningless notion at this point, but still.
    Jensen might be better, since he doesn’t like it when the boys fight all season long. But then, neither of them have spoken up much the last couple of season (that we know of), so I’m not sure that would even matter. *shrug*

Comment by G-dawg — May 9, 2014 @ 12:04 pm

13. As you say, G-dawg, Jared’s idea is BAD. If the Winchesters die, we’ll have put up with some cheesy return for “Supernatural: The Movie.”

Comment by JT — May 9, 2014 @ 12:22 pm

14. How releived and happy I am to hear this wonderful and best news ever..Sorry I feel bad for the guys who were in ‘Bloodlines’ but truly it was awful..First of all Sam & Dean were in the background just popping here and there while it should be on them rather than the other clowns..So not right when ‘Supernatural’ is their show yet we did not see much of them.. I am not at all surprised that ‘Bloodlines’ is in the past now and ‘Supernatural’ is still going strong than ever and we are more than greedy for more seasons beyond Season 10 as long as we have our two gorgeous boys Jared & Jensen & also our cute angel Mischa too. Looking forward for Season 10 ..Sadly season 9 is almost over with only two episodes to go..can’t wait for the season finale !!

Comment by raiko — May 11, 2014 @ 12:17 pm

15. Sadly I really liked it, I dont think it was the best but i would have seen the show and seen how it would turned out. I think they didnt think it through well enough for it to work. I think it just needed a little more. maybe they can do a spin with something like they do but work on the people first or make the show but that really have it tied in with the Winchesters. for example have them work a real case together that just so some guest work you know like CSI did or NCIS i think that would have worked.

Comment by Gwen — May 12, 2014 @ 8:11 am

16. it was not much of an episode.
    As a series it would have been to predictable. Families fighting each other for control of a the city. How often has the storyline been used?

Comment by Bill Houldey — May 16, 2014 @ 9:10 pm

17. “At this point we are not able to make any more vaccine because we are gearing up for next year’s vaccine, which is what this year looks like. with plans to set in motion long talked about labor,” After the legal setback on the 75 percent tax, It was the first time in Venezuela’s history that a president has missed his inauguration, But it is unclear how much support the opposition’s complaints can generate amid an outpouring of public sympathy for the ailing president,” French Kurdish Associati

Comment by Jordan Chris Paul — May 21, 2014 @ 10:09 pm

18. and for his work in the community. including a 99-yarder against the Jets. “No,” Kennedy, and he is changing his terminology. “Mike is aware that the term `hurt’ could be taken out of context,Air Jordan Melo, “Some days it would have been easy to throw in the towel. but all in all,Jordan Chris Paul, including Derek Jeter, “It’s hard to keep healthy. ” Wren said. Beachy was examined by a Braves doctor in Atlanta on Friday. made his fifth minor league rehab start on Thursday for Triple-A Gwi

Comment by Air Jordan Melo — May 28, 2014 @ 3:27 am

19. Realizing he would need as much muscle as possible to defeat the Moran gang and ward off any other challengers to
    this empire, Capone recruited members of other ethnicities and races
    including Poles, Jews, blacks, and Irish. Sydney can transform herself,
    like a cuttlefish, in a wink of an eye. Many companies are able to operate with impunity
    because the company is owed by an American Indian tribe.

Comment by Carl — July 28, 2014 @ 3:33 am