“Rock Never Dies” Discussion

Post your thoughts on this week’s episode featuring the return of Lucifer. Click HERE for my full recap or keep reading for my quick thoughts.

Huh. I guess this episode sort of answered the question about Lucifer’s plan, but it just kind of raises more questions. He doesn’t have a plan? He’s just killing people and destroying God’s toys for fun? That’s more of an existential threat and I’m not sure it’s as compelling as a more clear goal like the Apocalypse or something. This episode was an amusing detour, but I really hope they get back to the British Men of Letters soon, because I think that story has a lot more potential for the season as a whole. I mean, what happened to Mr. Ketch?

This episode definitely had some fun stuff, like Sam’s unapologetic love for crappy music and Dean’s complete and utter hatred for L.A. But the big showdown with Lucifer was just a monologue followed by him leaving his vessel.

It looks like next week’s mid-season finale is also going to be Lucifer-centric, so I really hope they wrap up that whole storyline so the second half of season 12 can focus on more interesting issues than an angry Devil killing for fun.

News posted on December 1, 2016 Comments (66)

1. Rick Springfield is the best devil, yes better than the original actor that first played him. He played the venomous devil to a tee, it’s to bad we won’t see him again. I liked the episode even though the focus on the bros at a rock concert may have been a bit silly.

Still no big bad and the season is a third over. I guess this season will be bad guy free again.

Comment by Jayday — December 1, 2016 @ 11:04 pm

2. God this season sucks i haven’t enjoyed one episode this season and it just getting worst and boring i even fast forward through some tonight episode i haven’t done it before this season is not going anywhere Lucifer’ whole reason for what is doing is bad writing and everyone dean,sam,castiel, crowley are all playing out of character this year and it not in a good way i feeling more and more that the actors are just there to get played surely they can’t be enjoying this season next week episode is it for me this year i had enough i will maybe go back to this season once i finished everything else god this season sucks

Comment by Keri — December 1, 2016 @ 11:35 pm

3. The show suffers because of the writers. I don’t understand why they don’t use the numerous urban legends they have not covered and always revert to angels and demons when they run out of ideas.

What I like this season: The scariness factor in most episodes has returned and the storyline of Mary Winchester has been good. I thought the interaction of the bros and their mother was realistic even if not popular with many fans.

What I don’t like this season: There is no direction for the season. There is no big bad and the bros are just wandering around fighting the devil and MOTW stories.

Comment by Jayday — December 2, 2016 @ 12:45 am

4. worst season for me even the ones that wasn’t popular to other i still had some love for them but this one everything is off for me

there is a couple of good points
    Dean and Sam have their fight back they are fighting back and for not getting knocked out all the time
    the second least Crowley and Castiel season which for me is a plus

now the bad points and a lot more
    Cas they did say he’s that he going back to season four Cas which he has but he is soooooo boring a character and so wooden i can’t stand it
    Crowley isn’t as bad ass he was once was he no longer the snarky bastard that i loved to hate
    Dean and Sam not much little brotherly moments that used to have and both there characters persoanlity is off
    Mary the character isn’t thought out she been brought back then vanished what was the Point
    The Big bad both in Lucifer’ and Men of letters not really that big bad material and little of them in shown and no real threat to the world or the brothers to fight against
    there is a little thing that bugging me The Men of letters know where the Bunker is but they haven’t tried to Kill or do anything to the Winchesters if i know where the bunker is i would be trying to do something
    also along the lines of the Bunker we not seeing much of it this year
    There isn’t much Fright to the show anymore same with the gore that i loved

What i worried about for the future of the show
    when they move to 8pm that they going to tone down the show that is already pretty toned down to match the time
    that we not going to get really good Big bads in the future and they going to keep the show as smaller big bad because it not working for them now

to me this season is a big big disappointment and i was so dying to see this season with the promo’s and to hear the Actors and show runners talk about the show i was looking forward to this
    at this point it seems the actors are just doing this to get paid and nothing else

Comment by Robin — December 2, 2016 @ 4:44 am

5. Okay, that was awful, and not because it was bad, but because it horribly boring. So much talking, too much, in my opinion. This, to me, was a wasted episode. There seems to be no direction for the show, and it’s all a haphazard mess.

I don’t understand how 2 seasoned hunters, an angel and a demon couldn’t find out where the concert was and so they just sat around the hotel. They could have put a tracker on the people they knew were going to the concert, they could have followed them, something, anything that intelligent people like them would have done in the past.

For the good, and it’s shallow – I loved Dean/Jensen in the leather jacket and black t-shirt! So, props to the wardrobe department! LOL :-)

Comment by Bree — December 2, 2016 @ 5:20 am

6. Didn’t watch yet but not looking forward to this. Why is Lucifer the big bad? That story ended in season 5 and last season he was one of the ‘good guys’.

And now he walks around with no plan?

MOTW episodes were good this season but the storylines (MOL/Lucifer) are terrrrible. Just do urban legends then.

At least I like Mary.

Comment by Robin — December 2, 2016 @ 5:25 am

7. Btw @ 4 Robin one of us could change the capital of our name lol. Kinda confusing now. I remember seeing you post as ‘robin’ before.

Comment by Robin — December 2, 2016 @ 5:28 am

8. Teary eyed, momless Lucifer, feeling abandoned by Dad, hates the Winchesters more than ever and has no meatsuit. Meanwhile (for no good reason we know of), Mary is wandering around out there… alone.

So, wIll God’s naughty son soon become the brothers’ sister/mother? Did Amara bring Mary back knowing bad nephew would eventually take her body and learn about love as his auntie did from Dean? Is this all part of a Divine Plan? Is SN’s God once again depending on the Winchesters to bring peace and joy to his dysfunctional cosmic family?

Naw. SN’s writers are sure to come up with something even more asinine than that.

Comment by Taz — December 2, 2016 @ 6:33 am

9. Lucifer has no plan?? Well, the writers don’t have one either.

Sorry, but this episode (and the whole season 12 story so far) seems to be going in circles.

Also, I know people like to rip on Rick Springfield as Lucifer, but I have a very different take on it.

I think Rick Springfield is rather good as an actor, and he does a good job as Lucifer. However, the writers are NOT giving him much of a story to work with.

Overall, this was terrible.

Comment by JJA — December 2, 2016 @ 7:15 am

10. This episode was okay. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t THAT bad either and I think the credit has to go to the fantastic performance of Rick Springfield. However the ending was really the ultimate letdown. I think Dean was speaking for us all when, during the final scenes, he asks Lucifer, “What is your plan?” I know up to that point I was on the edge of my seat in breathless anticipation of some ground-shattering response that would open up and reveal the direction of this season. However, my reaction was about as dumbfounded as that of the brothers when the reply comes back, “I don’t have one!” Yea, that about sums up the direction Supernatural has taken.

I really liked this new Lucifer and feel the actor brought new life back to the character; but then of course, they killed him off… “dumbfounded” is really the word that sums up how I feel about this year. Season 11 as a “Bad” season, and Season 12 so far is a “dumbfounded” year. So far, I thought only two episodes were good (#3 “The Foundry” and #6 “Celebrating the Life of Asa Fox”); this last episode#7 “Rock Never Dies” was “okay”; and the rest of the episodes this year I really have no desire to re-watch as I often found myself shouting at the TV how bad they were. I feel like the write team is just ‘lost’!

Castiel and especially Crowley seemed really out of character this episode. Its almost like they forgot how to play their characters and are just doing a skit on the convention circuit. It’s not really their fault, they don’t have ANY material to work with here and their characters are reduced to a sort of Abbot&Costello/Laurel&Hardy/R2D2&C3PO sideline comedy joke (is it me, or do these actors look like they are really SCREAMING on the inside!, especially Mark Sheppard). So unfortunate. I liked the “water with vegetables” joke (again credit goes to Jensen Ackles’ acting for breaking through the bad writing), but for the most part, all the jokes fall flat and are just not funny. The writers desire to turn Supernatural in to a comedy are not going so well.

I say the episode was ‘okay’ because it did have me glued to see where it was going; Rick Springfield’s acting; and the potential for a good NEW direction for the narrative. But of course, all that was shot to pieces in the end. Oh well, roll on episode 8 I guess. (I purposely never watch ‘next week’ trailers as I fear they could ‘taint’ my expectations; next week will be here before we know it anyway! ;-) ).

Comment by dscford — December 2, 2016 @ 8:20 am

11. It is honestly time to call it a day. This season has been dismal.

I have to say that if the show runners felt like they had to subject us to Lucifer in a meat suit, I sure wish they chosen someone other than Rick Springfield! He is so old and dry looking that it’s distracting! And that awful eye makeup.

Glad to see that Jared got some good press from the Gilmore Girls reboot, and I was sooo glad to hear from Misha that both boys had suppoted Hillary Clinton in the election. I know Jensen is rumored to be a republican so I’m glad he didn’t drink the Trump Cool Aid!!!

Comment by Biory Stevens — December 2, 2016 @ 6:55 pm

12. @11 Biory-let me educate you. It wouldn’t surprise me that J2 would sell out and vote for Clinton being they are Hollywood actors and in order for them to work in Hollywood they would have to vote Clinton.

Biory- Let me educate you on the USA. WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY. WE ARE A REPRESENTITIVE REPUBLIC. Trump won more states, and more counties than Clinton. Our congress consists of two houses. The house of Representatives. The each states sends a different number of congressmen to this house depending on how many people live in that state. California would have more than say Kansas. We then have the Senate. Each state sends 2 Senators to the Senate. The House and Senate are chosen by Democracy. Mose votes- The President is chosen by representation- How many people live in each state-thus the number of electorial votes.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 11:12 am

13. Trump destroyed Clinton in all three elections this cycle. He won the electorial college (president) he won number of Senators and he won number of congressman. So #Trumpwon. #get over it.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 11:14 am

14. Mose -is most votes.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 11:15 am

15. It was the Clinton voters that drank drugged kool aide. How you can support someone who KILLED at least 4 serviceman and said “What difference does it make” is beyond me.

Please-Yea Trump said some nasty things about women. But you all know there are women who would let him grab them in the Hooch for money. He didn’t say he did – he said he could. and frankly this fandom ie Destiel and others say more damn gross and disrespectful things about Jensen/Dean than Trump ever said. And he never wrote fanfiction that is so damn disgusting and graphic like some of you.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 11:22 am

16. This season sucks i can’t Believe singer or Dabb has thought that these episodes were good they both been with the show for years and i thought they would know what would fans love in this tv show
    but this year the show has been looking cheap
    all the characters are off there mark
    there is no good episode ideas
    the Men of letters mary being back and luficier all have no direction and the two out of the three being the Big bad this season is not working
    The Show runners and writers need to wake up and start come up with what made supernatural supernatural
    at this stage i thinking everyone is just in it for the money
    season 13 looks like it going to happen but do we want it to happen if this is going to be what we going to get

Comment by Robin — December 3, 2016 @ 11:47 am

17. As for the show-I haven’t loved any episode but I have loved bits and pieces of each episode. Even this last one with Lucifer. It was boring as hell but it had some good parts. Mostly Dean. Sam in this episode was whiney. And him blaming Dean for Lucifer is just wrong. I wouldn’t be upset if the show ended after this season. It is truly lacking in some major ways. I still love J2 and Dean. Sam is just too whiney for me this season so far. Show is still tolerable to me. If they got rid of Cas and Crowley and their shoe horning them in the writing and story would be much much better imo.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 12:33 pm

18. As usual the MOL story is like the Amara story. Interesting but then gone until the end of the season. So as a result the viewer doesn’t care or invested in the story. That’s on the showrunner. Mary’s arc has ruined her for me. She comes across as a selfish *itch in regards to her sons. I hope Dean puts her in her place. I doubt he will he was playing games with her in this episode.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 12:36 pm

19. And the producers want to end this show after 300 episodes, meaning at least in a season 14. Ha! With a season like this, it pains me to say again that Supernatural has to be put out of its misery, more than ever.
    The best thing of this episode was Rick Springfield’s performance as Lucifer. I will really miss him, he was almost as good as Mark Pellegrino was, if only he had had a better storyline. That said, it’s really pathetic that Lucifer has no plan, so what was the point of bringing him back, when the Darkness seemed to have killed him last season? That would have been the perfect moment to get rid of Lucifer. The writers didn’t even seem to think about having Lucifer to free Michael from the Cage. I think they brought Lucifer back because of a lack of better idea for a supernatural Big Bad.
    But now that Vince Vincentino (the vessel) is gone, it reinforces my theory that Lucifer will try to find a way to possess Mary Winchester, since she has a compatible bloodline for him. It would be curious to know the excuse they would make up for that to happen.

Comment by Fulan — December 3, 2016 @ 5:51 pm

20. animala, well and truly said. If the Js did vote for Clinton, they should be grateful she lost. More than likely, Trump has made them richer than ever. He’ll do the same for us all.

Fulan, I think your theory that Lucifer will possess Mary is a pretty sure bet.

Comment by Taz — December 3, 2016 @ 6:21 pm

21. Fulan-the point of bring Lucifer back was to give Cas and Crowley something to do. Shoehorning. Just thing how developed the story of the MOL and even Mary’s story could be if the season actually addressed both of these stories every episode.How interesting it would be if that guy (can’t remember is name now because we only saw him one time) was shown always in the backround watching Sam and Dean. How interesting it would be if we actually were seeing wTH Mary is doing, Instead of wasting time on Lucifer, Cas and Crowley.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 7:17 pm

22. That’s -Just think- not Just thing. That’s -I cant remember his name not can’t remember is name. Sorry for the typos keyboard has a mind of its own.

By the way- Congrats to Jensen, Danneel and JJ on the birth of the twins yesterday. Jensen just announced it. Names are Zepplin and Arrow. Interesting names to say the least. LOL.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 7:21 pm

23. Taz -Trump saved 1100 jobs and he is not even in the white house yet. HIs cabinet is full of people that are oriented to people first motto. It looks good for the US people so far. Time will tell. As in all things.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 7:24 pm

24. I have read practically everywhere that the story is leaning to mary being possessed by Lucifer. I hate that idea. No confirmation from the people in the know though. Just a lot of fans are speculating that is whats going to happen. There is also an idea that Dean will say yes to Michael and the ever fan wanted fight between Deanmichael vs Samlucifer will happen. I hate that idea too. I have been soooooo over the Lucifer and angel/demon stories. Rich Springfield did do a fantastic job though playing a scary Lucifer. Much better than the comic book Lucifer Collins did.

Comment by animala — December 3, 2016 @ 7:32 pm

25. Sigh…I’ve been going back and re-watching all the past seasons and feeling nostalgic. And THEN I get angry about that “Remember when the show was good?” thinking! I wouldn’t feel this way if this show was still working. The writers need to go back and watch the first 9 seasons. Maybe that will help them get back on track. I’m seriously embarrassed for the actors. How do you work with the pap the writers are churning out?

Comment by Petunia — December 4, 2016 @ 3:58 am

26. this season sucks and i am embarrassed for the jared and Jensen having to put up with crabby episodes i have noticed that they haven’t been talking or posting much about this season and i can see why
    the writers and the show runners should be ashamed putting out these kinds of boring episodes
    with the ratings the way they are they bond to get another season but i really don’t think they deserve it especially if we going to get another season of what we getting now
    i should of quite the show last year i going to watch next week episode then i just going to record the others and go back to them when i got nothing else to watch and i planning on skipping the cas stand over completely why why do an episode with the most boring character there is ( i am wondering why they never do a crowely back story that would be at least something we haven’t seen much of )
    i plan though of going back to the good old days when supernatural was scary, funny, original, gory and cas and crowley when they were interesting

Comment by Kez — December 4, 2016 @ 5:56 am

27. Dear God, the Hillary vs trump nonsense has even penetrated SPN.

Comment by G-dawg — December 4, 2016 @ 7:02 am

28. My thoughts on this episode

– this was the most non Supernatural episode ever. But I honestly liked the LA setting, it felt more like a NCIS/Criminal Minds episode though.

– Rick Springfield was amazing as Lucifer. Until the end I liked him. But then he turned into a bratty child again.

– so happy Sam adressed what I said a few weeks ago; I thought Lucifer and God made up? That Lucifer was ‘kinda’ good now. Also very, very happy God and Amara were FINALLY mentioned by someone.

– so we have a rock concert.. and 2 people that saved the world many times, an angel and the king of hell can’t find it??

– Dean and Sam couldn’t make a girl to talk? They promised season 4 Cas, well season 4 Cas wouldn’t let that ginger dude walk away without telling him where the concert was, what a pussy.

– Castiels first ‘fight’ with Lucifer was so embarassing, how did Crowley be so much stronger than Cas? At least he threw a shot at him.

– liked Castiels comeback and the assbutt reference, but I honestly hoped Cas would have done some more harm instead of getting humiliated again… I mean look how powerful he was in season 4,5 and 6??

– Liked Lucifers talk near the end even though it makes no sense after the events of season 11. Yes, god did leave him again.. but this is getting repetive.

– This season has no storyline. I swear if they make Lucifer possess Mary this is going to be corny as hell. I mean how predictable would that be?

Overal liked this episode a lot more than I thought, the images of LA were great. I am one of the people who likes Castiels character and I hate that the writers turned him into such a weak one. Crowley was more like himself, threatening and not being scared of Lucifer.

All 4 leads were off this episode though. Not looking forward to the winter finale at all.

Comment by Robin — December 4, 2016 @ 12:16 pm

29. Please leave politics out of this discussion. It does not belong here. There are plenty of people here who look at Trump as the worst president-elect in our history. It does the site no service to have a flaming war of who they hated as a candidate. I could go on and on about how horrible a person Trump is but I won’t, it won’t change anyone’s mind but get others upset. Animala drop it! If you want to talk real politics, go to a blog about politics,

I liked the episode, but I’m not sure where it’s going to lead. I thought Rick Springfield did a decent job with his character. I’m looking forward to next week.

Comment by twinster — December 4, 2016 @ 4:18 pm

30. And animala, Trump did not save 1100 jobs. That is a lie. Carrier is still moving to Mexico, some jobs will stay for now at a cost of 7 million dollars of tax abatements. More and more of those jobs will be moved to Mexico, many have already gotten their yellow slips. Indiana can thank Pence for giving 7 million of the tax payers money to Carrier to save maybe 800 jobs for now. Geesh Marie!

Comment by twinster — December 4, 2016 @ 4:24 pm

31. My sister and I have been doing the Supernatural marathon from season one on up, it’s taken us awhile but we are almost finished with season 10. Showeee! I’m enjoying this season but I kinda wish they would do more monster of the week kind of episodes, I miss those the most.

Comment by twinster — December 4, 2016 @ 4:28 pm

32. Hey twinster why don’t you say anything to biory hmmmmm. He/She posted first about politics. I post what I want to post thank you. Funny you “scold” me then you voice your own political view. Which is 100% wrong. But that is OK? Why don’t you take it somewhere else and leave me alone? I was done with the political crap after my original post. So thank you very much for bringing it up again. Follow your own damn rules.

Comment by animala — December 4, 2016 @ 5:29 pm

33. Oh and twinster-tell those 1100 men and women who kept their jobs at carrier that it didn’t matter. And frankly you nor the media knows exactly what Trump and Carrier agreement was or wasn’t. Where do you get your info? What we know is what was reported by media that is truly biased against Trump. Not one of this cabinet nor he himself said what was discussed or promised. So get your biased Clinton head out of your arse. Peace.

Comment by animala — December 4, 2016 @ 5:34 pm

34. twinster just f-off and leave me alone. I didn’t attack anybody. I never do. I am the one who gets attacked all the time. Because you snowflakes can’t stand an opposing position. Just a FYI – I will post what I want, When I want (as Crowley said}. If its not allowed I am sure the moderator or whoever will delete it. If you don’t like what I post then don’t read it. Period.

Comment by animala — December 4, 2016 @ 5:42 pm

35. Well, animala when you went on that rant about Clinton, etc..you attacked more than half the voters in the US and I’m sure many here on this board! You can see Clinton how you like, and I will always see Trump as a sexist, misogynist, racist, ill-equipped person, thin skinned, lying cretin who is determined to undermine all that is good in the US. He is putting people in charge who want to do away with Social Security, medicare, Medicaid, public schools, the VA, housing, etc… If you are fine with that, good for you. And you are the one who brought up politics in this thread and for you not to think some of us would not be insulted, just wow. As my niece said, Trump is draining the swamp and putting the swamp creatures in his cabinet (how many more Goldman Sacks people and billionaires can he come up with?).

Anyhow, no more politics for me,I’m going to stick with Supernatural and enjoy the show to the end and hope that Dean nor Sam wind up killing each other. The show is kinda meandering right now, not sure what it’s direction is (kinda never do see it right away). I’m just glad that Sam and Dean are not out of sorts with each other (for now). Like I said earlier, I’m looking forward to some monster of the week eps, maybe some more Mary (she seems to be meandering, too. Not sure what to make of her, yet).

Comment by twinster — December 4, 2016 @ 6:50 pm

36. Also,I didn’t see Biory statement, have no idea what he/she said.

Comment by twinster — December 4, 2016 @ 6:53 pm

37. And if Biory did say something, I’m hoping he/she didn’t say anything to insult Trump or Clinton supporters. We support who we liked or could live with. I have a tendency to skim read some of these posts because it’s hard to read on a small screen (my computer is kinda going whacky on me so I’m relying on my phone or tablet to read comments and sometimes it’s hard to see).

Comment by twinster — December 4, 2016 @ 6:58 pm

38. Wow twinster you just can’t get off politics can you. Again your information you sighted about what Trump wants to do is totally imaginary biased media BS. But we will talk again next year when this country is thriving more than your brain can handle. Trump is some of the things you mentioned true. but not all of them. And especially none of the things you mentioned he wants TO DO. You have fallen for the media Clinton bias twinster so has your daughter. You

Comment by animala — December 4, 2016 @ 6:59 pm

39. Wow twinster you just can’t get off politics can you. Again your information you sighted about what Trump wants to do is totally imaginary biased media BS. But we will talk again next year when this country is thriving more than your brain can handle. Trump is some of the things you mentioned true. but not all of them. And especially none of the things you mentioned he wants TO DO. You have fallen for the media Clinton bias twinster.

Comment by animala — December 4, 2016 @ 7:00 pm

40. And no I did not bring up politics biory did. I just educated him/her on politics.But yea I know-I pose the opposite view of you so you just attack me.

Comment by animala — December 4, 2016 @ 7:02 pm

41. Sorry double post.

Comment by animala — December 4, 2016 @ 7:05 pm

42. Wow this is the most activity this site has seen in weeks. Shame really -but it reflects how uninterested people are in the spn story this year. There is nothing absolutely nothing that is worth talking about or we can even speculate about because we just haven’t seen enough of the MOL and what Mary’s been up to. As for Lucifer he really needs to go back to the cage and take cas and Crowley with him. there is not point to that story other than repeating what was done with perfection in seasons 4 and 5. And we all know this bunch of writers can’t compare to those writers in those seasons.

Comment by animala — December 4, 2016 @ 7:10 pm

43. Perhaps SPN will get more focussed after December? We can only hope that the story will have a more cohesiveness to the story line or arc as some like to call it. I have enjoyed each episode this year more like a stand alone since there doesn’t seem to be a driving force yet. I really get irked with the British Men or Letters, I’d wish they would go back to good ole England and leave our boys alone! Their accents seem fake to me, and it drives me crazy! I will say that I’ve had fun watching seasons 1-10 this past year (not sure when mey sister and I started watching from the beginning but it has taken awhile to get to near the end of season 10 (we don’t live in the same town so it makes it hard to do on weekends when we do get together. This weekend she came down and helped me with my Christmas tree, and we got in about 7 episodes of SPN (and got caught up on Poldark). Netflix makes it so easy even if you have the DVD’s! I guess as long as Dean and Sam are working together, solving things together and not at odds, it makes me happy. This past episode could have had a bit more of Dean and Sam even though I did like Rick Springfield’s Lucifer, gonna miss him a tiny bit.

Comment by twinster — December 4, 2016 @ 7:32 pm

44. Can you americans pls stop? Elections are over

Comment by Robin — December 4, 2016 @ 10:31 pm

45. Hey guys! I needed to take a break for this fandom so I didn’t hang out here for a while.

First of all, to those who post about politics here, just drop it.

@animala, I know you are not the only one, but it’s like you just have to post your political propaganda everytime someone makes the stupid decision of bringing up the subject (@Biory). It’s not about your opinions, but lines like “let me educate you”, followed by non SPN related posts and that childish “I do whatever I want because other people brought it up” attitude you are having lately.

Yes, people brought it up because if Misha, Jared or any other SPN actor talks about politics, you know some (mainly casual or even one-time posters) are going to bring it up. It doesn’t mean we have to make a bad use of this board by engaging in a political debate. It’s called having respect. And yes, I know you are going to accuse me of bringing it up again, but none of my posts were about political opinions, EVER, but about how this is not the place to do so. So this is about preventing this kind of situations. And please, understand this is not about your opinions (I think both Trump and Clinton were terrible candidates), but you are a REGULAR poster, so please, enough of this, specially because your replies are somewhat insulting. And I know you felt insulted by other people, so I will do the same with those. And save the “you are the one who brought it up again” line. It’s you the one who always does the same, I’m only complaining that this is not the place to do so. I’m not a moderator nor your father, so I don’t get to tell you what to do, but I’m asking for a little consideration and respect, and the same goes for @Biory @twinster and @Taz.

@twinster, I say to you the same. It’s not that hard to bite your tongue. Let’s make a proper used of this board. In times like this, I wish this board had some kind of moderation to make people stay on topic or get banned for a while.

Guys, really, let’s make some common effort, shall we? No hard feelings. If someone wants to comment on the actors’ political views when those are publicly and directly stated (not speculation) let’s be brief and non-insulting to other posters.

Opinions on the season comming up :)

Comment by emmanuel — December 7, 2016 @ 1:51 am

46. I agree with those who said Mary is probably the only interesting thing about this season, even if the reasons to make her stay away from the brothers are not convincing at all and they don’t feel natural. I’m a big fan of Samantha Smith playing Mary and I’m so grateful to have her back. If only we could get Jeffrey Dean Morgan for one episode at least…

Talking about JDM, did you guys see when Jensen posted a pic with a bat imitating his character Negan and Jeff replied something along the lines of giving his life for him and getting his car? I just love JDM.

Other than that, yeah, we’ve had some weak MOTW episodes, Lucifer again, an even more useless Castiel… I’m re-watching some old episodes (s1-s7)and I was delighted for how good those were.

I haven’t watched this last episode yet so I hope this get a little more interesting. When is the mid-season finale?

Comment by emmanuel — December 7, 2016 @ 2:08 am

47. Its amazing how people on this board are just can’t let things go. But I will say it again-I will post what, and when I want. Also-this board was dead-nobody saying anything-I don’t see the harm in talking about other things besides SPN until we get something about SPN to talk about. Infact we used to do that here until we got this SPN police posters here. We used to talk about loads of things. We used to have a 1000 plus posts on topic. just talking. No I am not going to let some random poster insult me because I voted for Trump. There is no reason to insult anybody for voting anyway. Its what you felt this go around. but if you insult me-I will insult you. Peace.

Comment by animala — December 7, 2016 @ 4:06 am

48. So Emmanuel-you are not the moderator. So back off. It doesn’t do any harm in talking about other things than SPN on a board that is dead to keep people connected if they want to be. Peace.

Comment by animala — December 7, 2016 @ 4:08 am

49. So you and others do the same over and over and when you are called out on it it’s other people who can’t let go? No, I will call you out on it as long as this keeps happening. I will keep saying this board is not for this every single time. Yes, as I said, you can do whatever you want, but I expected you to be mature enough to consider if you should, because I thought you were reasonable. This board is not about those matters, you very well know that, and it might turn people off, so it’s you who should back off.

“But I will say it again-I will post what, and when I want.”

-Wow, this is the same childish attitude I’ve seen you complain about the fangirls on the social media. And I remember it because you and me used to agree on that. It’s the same attitude the Tumblr and Twitter crowd has when they dump their bullshit everywhere. Yes, you can but it doesn’t mean you should, because this board is not to discuss fucking Politics. It’s about not posting things where they don’t belong.

I really thought you were better than this, @animala. I’ve never seen you acting so childish. Thank you for your consideration for the people who make a proper use of this board.

Comment by emmanuel — December 7, 2016 @ 8:48 am

50. By the way, I’m so happy for Jensen and Danneel about the twins! And Gen and Jared expecting a girl too!

How you guys feel about Billie the Reaper? I kinda liked the episode with her and Mary and Jody, and I feel Billie has potential, but she’s a very undeveloped character.

Comment by emmanuel — December 7, 2016 @ 9:09 am

51. @emmanuel Billy is the most useless character ever besides Adam.

Comment by Robin — December 7, 2016 @ 9:30 am

52. @robin. Yeah, I’m not saying she’s useful, but I kinda like her for some reason. Maybe it’s the actress, I don’t know. Definitely that’s not what the reapers are supposed to be (remember Tessa’s first appereance? I LOVED her), but the writers are not using her in any way despite the fact that Death is dead and they could do domething with Billie.

Maybe it’s just me. Or maybe is that there haven’t been any interesting secondary characters in a while.

Comment by emmanuel — December 7, 2016 @ 9:48 am

53. i just realized something in this episode which was extremely stupid… When Castiel called Lucifer assbutt and attacked him with a GUITAR, he already had an Angel Blade with him, and only tried to use it AFTER Lucifer had submissioned him. That is, Castiel wasted the best chance ever to kill Lucifer and everyone there ignored it.

Comment by Fulan — December 7, 2016 @ 10:18 am

54. @emmanuel Tessa was amazing in season 2 and 4. And also in 6 when Dean was death.

I hated the fact that she turned into an angel slave and commited suicide.

What I hate about Billy is that she doesn’t add anything.. and the fact that the original Death was amazing and always made the episode 10 times better. She just isn’t important for the story at all. Actress is fine.

Also hate the fact that deaths death was never really adressed.

@fulan because they need Lucifer around. They have no other story to tell. Also i doubt that an angel blade works on him.. I mean it did work on other archangels but maybe not on him.

I am in the minority for sure but I really hoped (and still hope) Cas finally gets his change to be a hero and gets to kill Lucifer. Also because he let him out. Dean and Sam screwed up many many times but also got a chance to make up for it. Hope the same goes for him.. altough I don’t think it will happen.

Comment by Robin — December 7, 2016 @ 1:37 pm

55. Also fulan the writers made Castiel miss that chance to kill him. Thats why I hate them so much for turning the powerfull angel into a dumb, weak piece of crap. I really like the character and I hate that they did this.

Comment by Robin — December 7, 2016 @ 1:39 pm

56. I’m also wondering how SPN is going to use Mary. I do like her character, but I think if they plan on having her part of the SPN universe we need to see her more. I think Robin is right, Cas lost a great opportunity to smite ole Lucifer. I’m just hoping Lucifer doesn’t try to use Mary as a vessel. Is she even a viable candidate? She’s not a Winchester by blood but not sure if the Campell line can be used, too.

I think I’m on episode 18 of season 10. My sister and I have been systematically going through each season. I’m having the urge to rewatch Season 1-3 again even though we haven’t met our goal to finish the whole series. Christmas break is coming up and I’m hoping my sister and I can get through season 11, then we can start all over again (well, I’m not sure if my sister is up for it, but I might be!).

I haven’t made up my mind about Billy. Sometimes I like her and other times she irritates me to no end. I also miss Tess, sigh.

I would like to apologize to the board for getting caught up in the nasty topic of politics. I think emmanuel is correct, it does not belong here, all it can do is cause a flame war. I also don’t think the topic of religion belongs either. I’m going to use the rule of no politics or religion topics that I use at school. Peace, love, and harmony to all.

Comment by twinster — December 7, 2016 @ 6:04 pm

57. Emmanuel if I remember correctly you are not an American so I understand you wouldn’t want to talk about American politics. That is why I told you to back off. I also took the opportunity to teach biory and millinials from the states about the US. That wasn’t politics that was discussion. As in anything on blogs if you aren’t interested or if it doesn’t pertain to you then don’t butt in. I wasn’t talking to you. Your response was out of line. I am amused that you are afraid of some topics to talk about. Politics isn’t scarey. Neither is religion as long as nobody belittles people like biory did. Anyway I am done with this. Have your last word -you always have the need to.

Comment by animala — December 8, 2016 @ 4:05 am

58. @animala. What? No seriously, what the hell? Why in the world would I be scared about Politics? Cool story you just made up. It’s just that this is not the place to do so. I’ll say the same if you were talking about animal rights, football or Beyonce if those were recurring off-topics matters on this board, I don’t care. And no, Im not American, but I can still talk about it, thank you. You want to discuss Politics? Go ahead, there are plenty of boards to do so. I’m so mean for wanting this board, a Supernatural board to focus on Supernatural. Such a crazy idea, right? But you feel the need to “teach” others. You are not going to convince them and they are not going to convince you, so it only brings unnecessary wank which often ends up in personal insults. Is that what you like?

And for the last word thing, drop the bullshit already. We are both grown ups and you very well know I don’t care about that.

Comment by emmanuel — December 8, 2016 @ 6:33 am

59. @Robin, I also loved Tessa in all her appearances except the last one. Killing Death was so unnecessary because there were no consequences and it was just one of the many plot holes or dropped storylines since Gamble left.

I think it’s the brothers are the ones who should kill Lucifer because that was the culmination of Kripke’s original plan (or lock him away forever), but I wouldn’t be mad if it’s Castiel. And yes, it’s painful to watch how lame the character is now. That’s why I think he’s waaaay past his expiration day. He’s been for a long time now.

@25 Petunia. I feel you. same here.

@twinster, thank you for being understanding. We all make mistakes sometimes, myself icluded. I had to apologize too more than once. But we are humble enough to realize when we shouldn’t be doing something and try to do things better next time.

Comment by emmanuel — December 8, 2016 @ 7:01 am

60. @emmanuel agree and probably Sam or Dean will kil him eventually. But for some reason I kind of feel bad for Cas. Throughout all seasons he has been so loyal to Sam and Dean, and in the meantime making mistakes (JUST like Sam and Dean) but in the end he never gets to be the hero.

For once I hope he gets to be a hero. He has been called weak by Lucifer/Amara/other angels etc. but damn how he has never acted out of selfishness unlike Sam and Dean and every other character on the show. I truly feel like he deserves to get a huge win for once.

Comment by Robin — December 8, 2016 @ 1:10 pm

61. Oi. I just read the EW interview with Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer. If something isn’t a hit in the writers’ room, then maybe it’s not a good thing to do. (Also, there’s a “writers’ room”? since when? You’d never know it the way some episodes are complete disconnects to other episodes and canon is retconned. Maybe it’s more a “symbolic” thing than a real thing.)

I’m afraid tonight’s episode is going to be offensive and cringe-worthy. Religion and Politics? I don’t think that’s something that should be tackled with the poor quality of writers SPN haa now.

Per the article:
    “It’s the big showdown with Lucifer, part 1,” Singer says, noting that the archangel will return later in the season. Dabb adds, “There’s a new chapter being opened in the Lucifer story line.”

You mean it’s another “big” showdown with Lucifer. We’ve had many of those, and it’s the same thing over and over again. It’s way past time to finally end the Lucifer storyline, in my opinion.

Comment by Bree — December 8, 2016 @ 1:29 pm

62. Just returned to this board after a brief necessary absence and saw the political comments raging all around. I won’t discuss my political thoughts because 1) this is not the place for it; & 2) Most of you would not like it. But it does show me how lackluster this season is when the topic of the show itself- what this board is about- is easily replaced by a subject matter that has nothing to do with it.

This show has thrown away what made it interesting to so many people- the main characters- and replaced them with secondary characters who have their own storylines and are so unworthy of my attention.

I still sticking around but I openly admit this is no longer my favorite show.

Comment by SL — December 8, 2016 @ 2:39 pm

63. @60 Robin. I understand what you mean regarding Castiel. I know you are a fan of him, a REAL one, not like others who pollute the fandom. Fans like you have my respect, even if he’s no longer one of my favourites and I probably won’t agree about a lot of things about him with you. He was really a badass character and he’s fallen hard, so I feel for you. I hope the writers are able to fix him soon.

Comment by emmanuel — December 8, 2016 @ 3:28 pm

64. Reapers
    The reapers should not appear in episodes without someone big to reap. Billy does not really add anything although I don’t have anything against her personally.

Castiel
    He should serve as the next Bobby and remain at the bunker doing research to help the bros and then occassionally help them on a hunt. I am tired of the drama between him and Satan and renegade angels. I am glad this season that they have ended the clueless Castiel where he walks around not understanding the meaning of what he says and does.

Satan
    He needs to be banished backed to Hell and be removed from the series. The character has had his time and constantly bringing him back to return to the angels and demons theme is so old. The writers are obsessed with this theme and have never let it go since season 4.

The Big Bad
    The show suffers every year because the writers fail to develop one. There are so many urban legends that would make great storylines, but they are never developed. I find it really disturbing that the actors remain committed to the series, but the writers bailed on it a long time ago and seem to phone in the entire season.

I still watch the show, but it seems the first half of the season seems a mix of MOTW and disjointed, unfocused stories without a big bad and the second half of the season will be MOTWs and an angel/demon storyline involving Crowley, Castiel, Rowena and mom will consume the last 5 episodes.

Comment by Jayday — December 8, 2016 @ 4:48 pm

65. Oh this is funny. This epi was seriously meta, with serious shoutouts to LA, the network, and the show. It’s my personal belief that Lucifer and his “Ladyheart” is a allusion to Carver and the show. In which case, having lost the plot is obvious. I won’t go into what I saw as obvious commentary on the network, bc I don’t want to make trouble.
    The Team Free Will was strong in this episode, complete with Dean being an unreliable narrator about what he likes, Cas’s being a sassmaster, and Sam standing in for the audience.
    So for me, the playful meta and getting the band back together made it enjoyable.

Comment by t1gerlilly — December 17, 2016 @ 9:47 am

66. Now George Michael is gone. Damn, 2016 has been one sucky year.

Comment by roxi — December 26, 2016 @ 12:16 am