CW Fall Schedule Preview

UPDATE: TVGuide.com is reporting that Smallville is moving to Fridays at 8pm, meaning The Vampire Diaries will almost certainly take over its place as a lead-in for Supernatural‘s fifth season.

Thursday morning the CW officially announces its Fall schedule, though all the renewals and new shows have already been revealed.  The only question is where the shows, including Supernatural, will be.  Should it return Thursday at 9pm following Smallville?  Should it move to a new night and get paired up with The Vampire Diaries, a show about two sexy brothers who are vampires?  I suspect it’ll stay put, but let us know what you think. For more on the CW’s Fall schedule, CHECK THIS OUT.

And also, get a first look at the three new CW shows, including The Vampire Diaries and the old Ruby, Katie Cassidy, as one of the stars of the new Melrose Place.

News posted on May 20, 2009 Comments (47)

1. It’s already being reported as this:

8 p.m.: Vampire Diaries
    9 p.m.: Supernatural

Friday
    8 p.m.: Smallville
    9 p.m.: America’s Next Top Model Encore

Comment by kim — May 20, 2009 @ 4:45 pm

2. As a LJ Smith fan, I’m not too thrilled with the new show, “Vampire Diaries”. I just have this gut-feeling that they’ll butcher it. I’ll admit, I was excited at first and then I thought about it. As an avid reader, I’ve had some of my favorite books turned inside out and all messed up by movies. And though with a show you can get in more details, I still fret. I’ve also read somewhere that the lead character, Elena, is some kind of wimpy “oh please help me” damsel. When in the book, she’s strong-willed and -minded and independent. I do hope her description for the show is elaboration.

Also, though I didn’t watch Smallville, I liked it preceeding Supernatural. They just went well together for some reason. I guess I just don’t like change.

Comment by pacergal84 — May 21, 2009 @ 5:23 am

3. It will be pretty weird knowing that Smallville and Supernatural won’t follow eachother. I only watched SV because Supernatural came after, and since it’s moving to Fridays of all days I wonder if it’ll have the same ratings it did when it aired with Supernatural… (Count me out unfortunately…)

But whatever. I’m just happy that Supernatural is staying on Thursdays… it will have to compete with Grey’s and whatever, but when a show moves on Fridays usually it’s not a good sign. So I guess we got the better end of the deal.

Comment by Julie — May 21, 2009 @ 6:47 am

4. I have actually watched the teaser trailer for the Vampire Diaries it has my interest. I hope fans can actually give the show a chance before they start saying how bad it is. I mean actually watch a few episodes so there is a basis for comment.

That being said, change is not always a bad thing. I have faith in our show and apparently so does the CW. We have weathered many storms and I know we can handle this change. It may even bring us new viewers which is never a bad thing.

If you are intersted in seeing the new CW previews you can go to youtube and look for the teaser trailers. Type in CW Vampire Diaries Teaser Trailer. I believe you can do this with the other new shows as well.

Comment by Rea — May 21, 2009 @ 7:22 am

5. Just another way for Dawn to try to kill SPN. Why change your most successfuL night? Without the Smallville lead in and up against Fringe now as well as Grey’s and CSI, we’ll be lucky to get our full 22 episodes next year. I guess this is a way for Dawn to save face and say they cancelled SPN rather than have to admit that Kripke didn’t want to go past the 5th season…

Comment by lam — May 21, 2009 @ 7:52 am

6. if anything, i think Smallville will be screwed…it’s up against Friday Night Smackdown on mynetworktv and that’s gonna kill their demos…i think putting SN with another show is a welcome change and i also think Dawn may have started listening to the fans…i honestly think SN will do great on it’s own so to speak

I’m very interested in “vampire wars” because of one thing and one thing only: Paul F’n Wesley..LOL

Comment by ashlee — May 21, 2009 @ 8:08 am

7. I’ll be a bit disappointed if they moved Smallville. It is a better fit with SPN than Vampire Diaries. Let’s face it, VD will be Twilight light and basically a romance chick flick with vampires. It’s going to appeal to their teen girl demo, not to the male and older skewing demo that Smallville and SPN currently appeal to. SPN will still keep it’s core audience, but the demo that will be interested in VD, while there may be some crossover, on the whole are not the same crowd interested in SPN which is has already been established as a show outside the CW’s and Ostroff’s target demographic. I really have no desire to watch ‘Vampires in Love’ (’cause let’s face it, we all know Vamps are bad guys, not candidates for the next episode of the Bachelor), so I’ll simply tune in at 9/8 central like always.

Comment by SueP — May 21, 2009 @ 8:59 am

8. As long as it stays no later than 9:00pm, I personaly don’t have a preferance as to which day it’s on. Just make sure that to new channel (if there even is one) is a good one! :P

Comment by BeeBeeY5 — May 21, 2009 @ 3:57 pm

9. They need to do a show with the boys in Detroit Rock city. Yeah

Comment by hmm — May 21, 2009 @ 4:09 pm

10. I have one more comment and that is that I’ve read the books of “The Vampire Diaries” so I have good expectations. The guys that they chose for the vampire boys are not what I pictured (are they ever?) but I guess I’ll get used to them….hopefully!

Comment by BeeBeeY5 — May 21, 2009 @ 4:21 pm

11. One more comment for me and that is that I’ve read the books of “The Vampire Diaries” so I have good expectations. The guys that they chose for the vampire boys are not what I pictured (are they ever?) but I guess I’ll get used to them….hopefully!

Comment by BeeBeeY5 — May 21, 2009 @ 4:22 pm

12. hmm, im not sure about VD. honestly though, if it weren’t for Supernatural I wouldnt be watching the CW at all. (of the few i do watch, SN is at the top of the list, of course!) and the only reason i ever saw Smallville is because it came on before Supernatural..

Comment by Lora — May 21, 2009 @ 6:02 pm

13. Its a very Smart move to put the VD right before SN. Since Katie is on VD. They are most likely trying to pull in the SN fan’s who loved Katie. Its a smart move on their part.

Comment by Ashikins — May 21, 2009 @ 6:38 pm

14. Why is EVERY GOOD SHOW on on Thursdays at 9?!?! My DVR can only record 2 things at once, and right now there are 4 shows I like to watch… I need another DVR

Comment by Jocelyn — May 21, 2009 @ 10:17 pm

15. The most interesting thing about the announcement of the fall schedule on the CW Blog is that Misha Collins is listed as one of the three stars of Supernatural. Guess its official now; its no longer the Dean and Sam story.

Comment by CaseyT — May 22, 2009 @ 3:34 am

16. If only CW was available to more viewers I’m sure the ratings would be different. Yes, Grey’s gets millions of fans, but EVERYONE has ABC or whatever the channel it comes on on basic cable… I have faith that Supernatural will do well next year though… I just know it. If season 4 was intense for them then just wait until what’s in store for us…

Hehe… and this might sound like wishful thinking but I do hope that the boys get to hunt some vampires this year… would be funny kinda have to watch Vampires winning a girl’s heart while 60 minutes later some hot men are trying to behead one… Im evil; this show has corrupted me! Mouahaha!

Comment by Julie — May 22, 2009 @ 4:26 am

17. A little off the subject…what happened to Katie Cassidy on Harpers Island??

Comment by Jill — May 27, 2009 @ 7:03 pm

18. Katie was never supposed to be in Harper’s Island for more than the one season. It didn’t get picked up, but if it had it would’ve come back with an entirely new cast (since everyone will be dead ). She has been cast in the new Melrose Place re-tread. When will the CW figure out re-doing old soaps is a bad idea?

As for Misha Collins now being a regular, I doubt it means Castiel is now on equal ground with Sam & Dean. Like season 3’s Ruby and Bela, he’ll be used off and on, but not as a third lead. It simply means he has a contract so he’s available when they need him and gets a little more money. He’ll probably be in and out throughout the season like the other characters were used, but Kripke knows where the show’s strength lies. He’ll keep it together.

Comment by SueP — May 28, 2009 @ 7:29 am

19. - end of discussion

Comment by casual wear for women — July 6, 2011 @ 2:36 pm

20. Aw, this was a really nice post. In thought I would like to write like this – taking time and precise effort to make an excellent article is very rare…

Comment by computer store lancaster — July 13, 2011 @ 10:31 am

21. Thanks for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying more on this topic. If doable, as you turn into an expert, would you mind updating your blog with more details?

Comment by corporate event planning — July 14, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

22. Thanks for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic.

Comment by cloud computing 101 — July 19, 2011 @ 7:49 am

23. Properly, that is certainly respectable, yet take into account the other alternatives we now have right here? Would you mind making another write-up regarding these as well? Relation!

Comment by mbt shoe on sale — July 20, 2011 @ 10:50 pm

24. An attention-grabbing dialogue is worth a comment. I feel that you must write extra on this subject, it won’t be a taboo subject but generally individuals are not brave enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Comment by managed services contracts — July 22, 2011 @ 8:42 am

25. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

Comment by columbus cpa — July 22, 2011 @ 11:08 am

26. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

Comment by heating service lancaster — July 24, 2011 @ 10:17 am

27. You have some really valuable information published here. Great job and keep posting terrific stuff.

Comment by Stephaine Packer — July 29, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

28. An art that will making coffee, I am talking about.

Comment by Andrew A. Sailer — August 31, 2011 @ 12:53 am

29. The best hooligans shop

Comment by Ultras shop — September 6, 2011 @ 10:18 am

30. Thank you for your thoughtful post!

Comment by Web Design Boston — September 11, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

31. Looks fabulous! Something to help you certainly think about. It’s an excellent theme, clear along with fresh, we prefer it! Good contrasty. Easy around the eye. I i am much impressed from your vision. Clean, simple and incredibly cool-looking. Nice functions, too. Thanks!

Comment by Abercrombie Fitch Shorts — September 12, 2011 @ 3:41 am

32. I do enjoy the manner in with you have presented this particular matter.

Comment by Claudia — September 16, 2011 @ 8:00 am

33. Wow man, what an awesome blog. Keep up the good work!

Comment by MyMovieScripts.com — October 6, 2011 @ 10:52 am

34. Great stuff.Id like to suggest taking a look at things like sausages. What are your thoughts?

Comment by electronic cigarette — October 7, 2011 @ 11:44 pm

35. What a timely post. I do appreciate your meaningful and interesting feedback. I am very surprised that more people do not discuss this topic more often.

Comment by Atlanta Tree Trimming Guy} — November 6, 2011 @ 8:06 am

36. Thanks friend for the share. I love coupons, deals, groupon and livingsocial, but I don’t want to go searching each one every day or sort through emails so I use Vonza.com.

Comment by ezview!Jake — November 6, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

37. Hi, really love the design of ones website. Can you mind saying what theme youre making use of? I’m new to this and i am trying to have mine looking anywhere close to as cool as yours. Thanks.

Comment by realize dream — November 7, 2011 @ 6:14 am

38. OMG ! I simply found a error inside your site! See if your plugins is configured correctly!

Comment by Classic Style Kitchens — November 11, 2011 @ 9:05 am

39. Awesome Article!

You been a nice poster.

Comment by Ad hd — November 12, 2011 @ 10:46 pm

40. $author, great information! Learnt a lot from it….

Comment by Stephen Hu — November 14, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

41. Many thanks for writing valuable post about the subject. I am a fan of the site. Continue the fantastic work.

Comment by country kitchens — November 30, 2011 @ 6:04 am

42. Hi, love the design of ones website. Could you mind saying what theme youre employing? I’m a new comer to this and I’m looking to have mine looking anywhere close to cool as yours. Thanks.

Comment by gutter cleaning north shore — December 2, 2011 @ 12:32 am

43. I get read an individual’s article. It’s definitely helpful. We can benefit considerably from this. Fluent writing style and also vivid phrases make us all readers love reading. I may share your own opinions through my associates.

Comment by Uggs Classic Argyle Knit — December 5, 2011 @ 11:08 am

44. What are the best colleges to go to for a Creative Writing degree?

Comment by acincigginiqzj — December 7, 2011 @ 5:00 am

45. Hello friend I was browsing online and I got here across your post… I loved reading it . I learned a lot about this topic that you wrote here. Thank you so much for posting an article like this one.

Comment by Scott|Rick|Alex|Lucas|George — December 17, 2011 @ 7:33 pm

46. Your home is valueble for me. Thanks!?This website online is known as a walk-by means of for all the information you needed about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse right here, and also you’ll positively discover it.

Comment by rebeca — December 18, 2011 @ 6:06 am

47. Blogs ou should be reading…

Comment by грузоперевозки — January 4, 2012 @ 11:09 pm